passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Giant Bomb Mega Thread

David

First job out of college! Damn. Already done bigger and more fun shit then I’ll ever do. 

Definitely sounds like she was let go. Don’t think anyone leaves a job willingly without another one to go to. 

Definitely not the economy for it, especially if you're in that content creation space.

Or maybe things are looking really bad with this new acquisition, cause otherwise this would seem like an insane decision to make. eg something in her new contract,worse benefits/healthcare etc. 

Though I would say that she has the kind of financial security the rest of us can only dream of however, given that she lives in a NY apartment by herself apparently

Some of the things she's been doing recently, like setting up an office, I could believe that she wants to do something else. I always thought she'd leave after a few years, I think there's stuff she'd rather be doing. 

Good luck to her, hope it works out 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did he say what he's going to do? 

I'm not a huge fan of him but he's very good on the Game of the Year shows. They really need some new blood, a bit more energy. The Beastcast has missed Abbey, and it's made Dan's presence being missing really noticeable 

33 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

Did he say what he's going to do? 

I didn't catch the show, not sure where he's going.

They definitely need one or two new members. I wish they were able to get Mary Kish, but she appears to be doing very well at Twitch right now.

Ah well, didn’t really like Ben so kind of happy he’s off. 
I have missed Dan though and Abby, as annoying as she could be at times did bring a good energy to the Beastcast IMO and enjoyed the fright series. 

Mary Kish would have been a great addition if they could have gotten her on board but yea she seems to be doing fine on her own.

What do people think their overall GOTY will be?

Looking at the games that came out there's really no obvious candidate, I would say Tony Hawk but just about everyone on the planet loves Hades so it could be that as well.

Seems like Half Life was a bit of a dud for them but Jeff didn't have enough floor space to play it and you really must play that game while moving around, it's just not the same. Side effect of the pandemic for those duders

Had my first nerd rage with the crew when

Spoiler

they cut FFVII Remake from 'best music' after listening to a couple seconds of JENOVA, and not the really awesome third phase of the song that the word document was supposed to link to

Petty of me I know but still ?

On the other hand they rep the best part of Hades so it's not all bad

Spoiler

You have to fight the boss on the highest boss difficulty to even hear this, when he'll almost certainly kick your sorry ass back to Tartarus

I don't bother with the deliberation podcasts or people's top 10 lists (even less the slew of guest ones every year). My favourite stuff was the videos they'd put out around christmas and new year. Obviously that wasn't really doable this year, but it's still a bit sad not to have them.

yeah, the East v West competition and Hitmas were great

I stopped listening to anything other than the actual GOTY day the last couple of years, and am back doing the same this year. It'd almost be better not hearing the deliberations and knowing the daft reasons they don't like something, or how little they've actually spent proper time with