passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Giant Bomb Mega Thread

David

I’m on that bit now and they really should let Dan have his way, because they will over-rule him on top 10, and as he points out, plenty of people have chucked their toys out of the pram and got their way, it’s only fair, and I’m most of the way there in agreeing with how disappointing that game is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a counter mechanic with I-frames that he uses by accident a few times which stuns enemies and there is a lock button so you can move and face in one direction as you shoot for the top down bits. 

He just complains about the Joy-cons and reckons he'll be able to play it fine on a controller.  Nah, mate.  That's not the problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine’s already gone through, yesterday I think.

I’m still happy paying for the East Coast stuff but I’m about 3 episodes behind on the Mass Effect show.

Not a criticism of it, I just get behind.

In GB related news, Waypoint has been swallowed up by Vice properly.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3k3b9k/waypoint-is-joining-the-new-vicecom?utm_source=wptwitterus

I’d be a bit nervous if I worked there, but in fairness, if anything happened, they’d only have themselves to blame. The impression of Waypoint has always been one of too much self indulgence and needing someone to say, “no”.

Put Austin Walker back in the Beast office and have done with it.

whenever I've tried to actually look at Waypoint itself it's always been a mess. Their videos are on Twitch or youtube, their writing disappears if it's not a featured article. If I was managing their site the first thing I'd do was pull it all together in to one place, this might actually help them. That said, Vice isn't doing that well any more, so any sort of change is going to be a worrying one

had a feeling they might have a sale. We all had our subs ending, there must have been a reason for that, and if we've been emailing them other people must have. Easier to just put the sale on than have Matt spend his day refunding people