passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Giant Bomb Mega Thread

David

I don't mean this as harsh as it's going to sound, but whenever Jeff talks about his job it's all a bit too earnest. It reminds me of the Family Guy bit (I know I know) where they're on the public access Kiss show, it's all a bit more grand than it really should be

Exclusive: BermanBraun Buys Most of Shelby Bonnie’s Whiskey Media

In a deal that was just signed, longtime Silicon Valley exec Shelby Bonnie has sold his social publishing start-up, Whiskey Media, to Santa Monica-based entertainment and interactive production company BermanBraun.

As part of the deal, BermanBraun will get three key sites of San Francisco-based Whiskey, including video entertainment-focused Screened, tech-testing site Tested, and Anime Vice, which covers anime and manga comics. It will also acquire Whiskey’s content-publishing platform.

Two other sites owned by Whiskey — games-oriented Giant Bomb and comic-book database Comic Vine — will be sold to another media company, which is rumored to be CBS Interactive.

http://allthingsd.com/20120315/exclusive-bermanbraun-buys-most-of-shelby-bonnies-whiskey-media/

It seemed in terms of users/subscribers that Giant Bomb was carrying the rest of the Whiskey Media sites, so no surprise they were split up and sold to 2 different buyers.

I never watched it frequently, but Tested was fairly entertaining. It'll be interesting to see what this Mythbusters link is.

Quick Look: Binary Domain.

The first one recorded since the move to Gamespot. It's worth watching just for Brad and Jeff's commentary. :D

This was excellent, I was almost in tears when Jeff was testing the voice recognition "Fuck.... Fuck..... Fuck..... Fuck....." Those guys is awesome laugh.gif

Doesn't look like too bad a game, similar to Vanquish in theme with all the mechs and whatnot, just without all the knee sliding malarky. Seems like a solid shooter, probably look to pick it up when it's cheaper.

I really want to play Binary Domain at some point but the opportunity hasn't arose yet. Though I did recommend it to a friend and he ended up picking it up over Syndicate which is something he's happy he did. Syndicate didn't turn out that great from what I've heard.

• 8 months later...

I think I'm ignorant enough of the story having barely got anywhere in the 2nd that it was all a bit meaningless to me. And by the time I get to ME3 I'll hopefully have forgotten some of the details.

It's a hard balance to strike though, they need to talk about specifics at some point, and at least with the Mass Effect talk they were very explicit that they were about to spoil something. I don't like the attitude that "it's been out long enough" when it's not even been out a year. In this day and age where people happily watch boxsets of decade old tv series as though they were new, I think if you can talk about something without spoiling it you should

I really want them to have a long chat about The Walking Dead but I know it won't happen for a while. They should probably think about doing spoilercasts or something for this stuff, but I can't see them adding any new productions for a while.

Ed, the only thing you possibly need to know about the ME3 stuff is that you should play the From Ashes DLC as soon as the mission is available in the game and play the Leviathan DLC before completing the game, along with the new ending, of course. Brad went on at length about how much more sense it made playing it in that combination this far after release.

I spoiled it for myself because I'll probably never go back and finish it. They probably should've time-stamped the description and made it clear to skip to that bit though.

I think the end of year podcasts are fair game for spoiling stuff, part of the reason I raced through Spec Ops, and will try and finish Binary Domain.

Also, I really hope the twist in Binary Domain is something more shocking than the thing I've been seeing coming a mile off.....