passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii HDMI upscaler released

Hendo

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here's as good a place as any.

http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=21&category_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53#twoj_fragment1-4

VD-W3 Wii HDMI Upscaler Processor gadget is a little black box that plus into the video out port on your Wii, converting the SD Wii signal into HD up to 1080p (or 1680x1050 for PC monitors), and kicking it out via HDMI - the best video standard used by PS3 and (since the Elite SKU) the Xbox 360.

Don't expect miracles - it won't make Cooking Mana look like Uncharted 2 - but it could certainly make Wii games look a bit sharper on HDTVs (most of which don't handle Wii's SD signal too well). It costs $75 (about £50) and is out now (hit the link below for more) although, unsurprisingly, it's currently sold out. Here's the specs and screens of it working below:

* For DVI monitor users, you may need to order the optional Female DVI to Male HDMI converter, so that you can plug your monitor DVI end to the VD-W3 HDMI end for the video, and for audio, you may connect your PC speaker 3.5mm plug to the VD-W3 audio jack.

* For HDTV users (make sure you have HDMI input), what you need is a HDMI cable, you may purchase it together with VD-W3.

Specs

* Input: Wii AV Connector x 1, USB Type A Plug x 1.

* Output: HDMI x1 , 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack.

* Video In Supported: EDTV(480i/576i), SDTV(480p/576p)

* Video Out Supported : 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1650x1050 (at refresh rate 59.94Hz)

* Audio Out: HDMI audio, Analog audio.

* Bi-Color LED: Blue and Red.

* Operating Temperature: 5C to 60C (41F to 140F)

* Dimensions (approximate): 12cm (L) x 7cm (W) x 2.5cm (H)

* Mass (approximate): ~180g

Powerful Video Signal conversion

* Crystal shape image, Outstanding picture quality.

* Full HD (1080p) output.

* True 10-Bits high definition video scaler engine.

* AV grade scaler engine

User Friendly

* No external power required.

* Easy to setup.

* LED status indication.

Wide Range Video Display support

* Support TV (HDMI) and PC Monitor (DVI).

* HDMI-Audio and Analog audio out.

* Various HDTV video out.

* Native resolution for LCD monitor.

if this had come out when i still played my wii, idve snapped it up. exactly what i wanted at that time. but now that the wii gets played once a year.. oh well if it had come out then idve wasted 50 quid

lol, the specs mention that it has an LED that can change colour. thats mickey mouse shit for a spec sheet!