passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo 3DS

David

March 23, 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Launch of New Portable Game Machine

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Minami-ward of Kyoto-city, President Satoru Iwata) will launch "Nintendo 3DS"(temp) during the fiscal year ending March 2011, on which games can be enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses.

"Nintendo 3DS"(temp) is going to be the new portable game machine to succeed "Nintendo DS series", whose cumulative consolidated sales from Nintendo amounted to 125million units as of the end of December 2009, and will include backward compatibility so that the software for Nintendo DS series, including the ones for Nintendo DSi, can also be enjoyed.

We are planning to announce additional details at E3 show, which is scheduled to be held from June 15, 2010 at Los Angeles in the U.S.

I dunno how they're managing to get 3D without glasses (really hope this ain't no gimmick). I also wonder why they're announcing this now. Do they know some things about PSP2 and want to beat Sony to the punch?

I was just about to post the same information. Im actually kind of excited about this.

Im hoping its some sort of bio-nano-technology, like that thing in The Matrix that makes Keanu's mouth heal over. Or something like Scorpius does on Farscape, the shit that drills in the back of his head, that would be good. Nintendo BrainDrill.

I was just about to post the same information. Im actually kind of excited about this.

Im hoping its some sort of bio-nano-technology, like that thing in The Matrix that makes Keanu's mouth heal over. Or something like Scorpius does on Farscape, the shit that drills in the back of his head, that would be good. Nintendo BrainDrill.

I'd not buy a 3rd party drill, imagine getting a cheap version of something like that.

Has everyone here played a Virtual Boy? I thought it was pretty cool, I could last maybe 30 mins before going green too :)

I have one. B) Im invincible so i was fine forever, except for the sweaty goggle line around my eyes and the bridge of my nose.

The shape of things to come:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's a Japanese DSi game, shows what direction they've been heading in.

That looks really cool. I'm liking the idea of head tracking or whatever you call it when its handheld.

@Spatular, I'm not sure what I played. Deffo tried Tennis and some shooter, but I'm not sure which. Worth a shot tho, wish I owned one.

Yeah, I was going to post that. It's pretty incredible really. I wonder if the '3DS' will use similar tech, or something completely different.

All the rumours from a while ago were that the successor to the DS would be using Tegra chips, which are pretty powerful.

This sounds stupid but when I heard to would have GameCube power I had visions of a handheld that would play F-Zero GX. I'd love that but I suppose thats the PSP.

I wonder if anyone will make that handheld? Powerful, good controls and GameCube re-makes.. It's not clever but I'd love that handheld to bits. It would be like the GBA is to the SNES.

I wonder if anyone will make that handheld? Powerful, good controls and GameCube re-makes.. It's not clever but I'd love that handheld to bits. It would be like the GBA is to the SNES.

If there was a universal store that sold them id be second in line behind you.

Anyone already mentioned these screens?

Might be what it uses to send an image to each eye...

Some Japanese newspapers (which are almost always right at guessing what Nintendo is up to), are saying it does indeed use these.