passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The PC bucket...

Sly Reflex

Well, Guild Wars is pretty enjoyable. Really want the party cap to be raised though, 2 players isn't enough. Going to be great when we do though, watching how differently, Craymen and Scowling played with their class totally at other ends of the scale. Someone is going to have to tell me how to equip different armours and such, I managed to change my bow, but I can't figure out how to wear any armour yet. Not that I need it yet, my bow skills and cougar are tearing shit up.

Dont worry bout the party size, that goes up during the campaign. I havnt played Guild Wars n fecking aaaaaaaaaages. I take iy you chose the Ranger, have you chose your 2nd prof yet?

The party size is now 4. Me and Craymen tried to do this mission that was 2 player only and it was fucking rock hard. Like seriously impossible, we managed to kill some of them off, but these big bastards just didn't want to let us past at all. It was rather annoying. Even when we tried to split them up it didn't work. Fucking thing. Once we decided to knock it on the head and just get on with the next lot of missions it got good again though, would be better if all party members were not A.I. controlled.

EDIT: I also got my first glance at the zoomed out map. When I saw it I shat bricks. :blink:

That map is huge! Wait till you get all the expansions.

Has Crayman started a new character with you?

Yes, along with another guy from GTM forums. It is slowly gathering momentum though, 2 others have said they can play at sometime so where we end up is anyone's clue. It would be great if we could get a full squad of 12 but I doubt that will happen.

Well, it turns out GW is highly enjoyable, the difficulty from some of the missions we are doing now is just pitched right so that we are fighting tooth and nail, but not getting absolutely fucked over in the A. One guy gave us some problems but I managed to bring the party back to life and give the fucker a good seeing to. I managed to get a vicory teabag on the twat that nearly bested us. That'll show him who is boss.

gw017.jpg

Posted this elsewhere, but thought some folk here might be interested:

NT01.png

http://www.telltalegames.com/puzzleagent $9.99 PC/MAC

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent is a one off game from episodic adventure guys Telltale, in which you help agent Nelson Tethers of the FBI Puzzle Investigation Division solve the mystery of why an eraser factory has suddenly and unexpectedly halted all production.

This is no ordinary eraser factory, this is the factory that supplies the White House with erasers. This is important stuff.

NT02.png

The game has some gorgeous hand-drawn artwork from Graham Anable of Telltale games and http://www.grickle.com/. The animation is basic in style buy very effective. It also has some great dialog and speech acting as you'd expect. So far it has set a really enjoyable atmosphere, with feelings of Fargo and the X-Files, complemented with an understated sense of humour.

NT03.png

It works very much like Professor Layton. You progress by solving various puzzles, but so far these never seem so nonsensically crowbar-ed in like they sometimes do in Layton. I've passed about 9 so far, and they've been pitched just about right in terms of difficulty, and quite varied.

Definitely worth a try, especially for Telltale or Layton fans, and it's dirt cheap too.

I can actually contribute to this thread. :o

Downloaded and installed Ben There, Dan That today for it is free and Zombie Cow Studios has a funny Twitter feed (well, it's just Dan I think).

Literally just did the opening section, first puzzle, and it's just a big reference to Monkey Island with a chicken with a pulley in the middle.

It's fantastic, the software developer offices are probably my favourite bit. If you enjoy it, do yourself a favour and be sure to pick up the sequel "Time Gentlemen Please" which is about £3.

GW is great, it's just a shame it seems to be just me and Craymen who show up on each session, I get the feeling the more people you have playing, the better it gets.

Guild wars GOTY edition is on Steam for £8.70. Is that the one you play?

GW is great, it's just a shame it seems to be just me and Craymen who show up on each session, I get the feeling the more people you have playing, the better it gets.

Guild wars GOTY edition is on Steam for £8.70. Is that the one you play?

Looks like that one is just the first Guild Wars game (Prophecies), which is the one we are playing right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I downloaded a program today that essentially lets me emulate my Dualshock as a 360 controller. I dont own any wired 360 controllers so anything that needed a controller, aside from MAME games, was a bit of a no go for me on the pc. A shame because I've had Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box on my harddrive since last I got my new card.

So I finally got a chance to play it and it didnt recognise the controller. At first I thought it was maybe just a shoddy port job, but when I sorted it so it would register it just kept crashing the game :( I tried Mirrors Edge, which has to be better with a pad, and that couldnt find it or doesnt offer pads as an option. So I tried Ghostbusters, that's still a buggy mess of a game, and while it recognised the controller it also mapped the right stick backwards (not just inverted).

So I gave up on my Steam list, as pretty much everything else is going to be better with mouse/keyboard, and loaded up EA Manager. Dragon Age and Mass Effect aren't worth trying, but I've got Dead Space on there and it works really well. I'm sure it's sacrilege but I think I prefer 3rd person games with a pad, so long as the controls are sharp enough, and Dead Space's are. It reminded me that I grew to like that game too after hating the demo, so I should probably go through it once my current console games are out of the way

I'm sure it's sacrilege but I think I prefer 3rd person games with a pad, so long as the controls are sharp enough, and Dead Space's are. It reminded me that I grew to like that game too after hating the demo, so I should probably go through it once my current console games are out of the way

No, you're right. Mouse and keyboard for 3rd person games nearly always sucks.

I've been playing a bit of Fallout NV (I wont start a thread because I've only got it off a mate, dont think i'll play it much). I wont go into much detail as to how it plays either as it's much the same, only this time you can make medicine and bullets. So far though i've had 1 enemy disappear into a rock so I couldnt hit them, the game freeze on me, and just it stuttered then windowed into a black screen, my mouse curser disappeared and i got a windows pop up saying a driver I've never heard of had failed.

I've also got a problem of enemies/people vanishing into the draw distance even when they're well within shooting range. I might try dropping the performance a bit and see if i can get the living things of Vegas to stay on screen a bit longer