passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

New Deftones single

Idaho

I'd be well pissed off with that!

My most frustrating gig was seeing Tool for the third time, having repeatedly told the mate I was with that it was gonna be the best gig of his life and a nearly religious experience, and then the sound was flat, the band noodled far too much inbetween songs, Maynard never turned to face the audience once and there was a stinkingly bad atmosphere where people were getting chucked out. We thought it must've been some pot smoking kind of thing, later on we realise that the people getting chucked out were doing so because they were taking pictures on their phones! How dare they!

I think the best quote came from a Kerrang photographer who said his love for Tool was only marginally greater than his desire to punch Maynard in the face.

Also another mate went to see A Perfect Circle and said that Maynard was ripping the shit out of a guy in the audience just because he had a Tool t-shirt on! "Hey Billy, tell this dick that this ain't no Tool gig!"

What a cock.

The only time I've been let down seeing Tool i think was one of the ozzfests at donnington. That was mainly because it was so wet and windy the sound just disappeared. Seen Tool and Perfect Circle a few times and thoroughly enjoyed them every time. I know they can be pretty pretentious at times which is a real shame cos if they were a little more ordinary it would makewhat they're doing that bit more special. Sadly they're great and they seem to be well aware of it!

Deftones however I've heard nothing but good things about them as people.

I dont know, the last couple of albums suffered because Chino's developed a habit for wandering off and not telling the rest of the band. They were pretty good live though, not really the set I would have wanted them to play, really heavy and I was there with a mate who isn't into that sort of thing.

Enjoyed the single, but they've a habit of putting out blinding singles then the album not quite living up. Saturday Night Wrist was alright at points, but you could tell they had a split focus