passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PS3 is teh fooked

Hendo

Any help?

The PS3 is really slow and sluggish, freezes a lot and trying to play Flower just results in glitches and won't run.

Any idea how to fix it or how to back it up? Can I transfer stuff over the wireless network to my laptop and then back again?

The plan is to back everything up (or just re-download everything later) and blitz the HDD. I've tried turning it off and on again and all that bollocks. Some times when it freezes you have to turn it off by just cutting the power which can't be healthy.

Ive never had any problems like this, is yours still doing it H?

Also, when you turn the machine off, do you do it all proper like by going to the appropriate menu on the far left and shutting down? Mine always winges at me when i turn it back on again - you didnt shut down properly last time you cunt, this could result in teh fooking of your triple.

I've had mine freeze on me, usually when trying to rush it when its on the net or on my network. Same as you two really, I've had to just shut the power off then its beeped at me and moaned next time ive loaded it up.

As a complete sidetrack, it's the Wii thats had the most freezes and stuff for me this gen, usually if I havent used it for a while

I always switch mine off by holding down the PS button then selecting the appropriate option. Then I switch off at the back of the console.

I've never had any problems with my PS3. Like Ben though, the Wii has had the most freezes for me this gen.

It's not my PS3 so I haven't been able to see to it since last weekend. Normally I turn the power off properly but when it freezes really badly there's no other option than to just turn it off on the back.

Next time I get a chance, I'll see if it's fixed itself, otherwise it'll be a clean format to see if that helps, which is a shame as I'll lose a few good save files unless I can get them backed up.

Have none of you guys had problems with another console this gen?

I tell you what my PS3 does which pisses me off. Sometimes when I turn it on it forgets its display settings, it says something about finding a HDMI cable and changes everything to default, it also puts it at 1080i and puts my theme as the default one.

Changing it back to 720p is a wee pain.. but thats it.

Forgot to update this.

Rang my mate up on Monday to tell him not to turn the PS3 on due to the ApocalyPS3 and he said that he had formatted the drive over the weekend and so all saves have been wiped. Not sure whether the trophies can be got back when I get my profile back though. Apparently it now runs super smooth.

Should I be able to go into the store and re-download all the stuff I bought with ease?