passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mass Effect 2

illdog

BioWare Confirms Kasumi DLC, Coming Early April

Written Thursday, March 11, 2010 by Dan Webb

In what is one of the year's worst kept secrets... you know, after the Kasumi game art was found on the Mass Effect 2 PC disc - the voice clips of Kasumi were also present, the mention of this mysterious assassin on the Citidel and the achievement appearing on debugs super early, BioWare today showed various members of the press at GDC the new Mass Effect 2 DLC, "Kasumi's Stolen Memory."

The DLC, according to Joystiq, will be the first bit of paid for DLC outside of the Cerberus Network and will offer around an hour and a half of gameplay, a "Locust" SMG and a flashbang grenade loyalty power to learn. Oh, and one achievement.

The short episode will revolve around Kasumi, a human thief who you can bump into on the Citadel and recruit into Shepard's squad. Her loyalty mission involves a secretive recovery operation that will see Shepard and co. have a run in with an influential art collector.

Kasumi's Stolen Memory is scheduled for an April 6th release for a price yet to be confirmed. Of course, before that we'll have the chance to sink our teeth into the free Hammerhead DLC missions which we should see before the end of the March.

Mass Effect 2 Hammerhead DLC Dated; New Costume Pack Announced

Written Saturday, March 20, 2010 by Dan Webb

If you were getting Mass Effect 2 withdrawal symptoms recently with a lack of new content, fear not, that's about to change.

BioWare recently announced that not only will their Hammerhead DLC, AKA the Firewalker DLC, be available on March 23rd, but so will the game's first squad mate costume pack.

The Alternate Appearance Pack - which will be 160 Microsoft points - will feature new outfits for Garrus, Thane and Subject Zero (as pictured below).

So that's the Firewalker DLC and Alternate Appearance Pack available on March 23rd and Kasumi's Stolen Memories on April 6th.

me2-altcostume1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Picked this back up over the last few days, not sure why i ever stopped TBH, anyway..

I seem to have hit a wall, i want to do Samara's loyalty mission but every time I talk to her daughter in the club she ditches me. It seems I can't be bad ass enough to impress her (story of my life..) I was aiming to get all the characters loyalty before heading into the final battle, but I can't really see how to do this now. Any tips?

Also I'm assuming to

survive the "suicide" mission

i need to do all the upgrades on the Normandy, am i on the right lines?

Also I'm assuming to

survive the "suicide" mission

i need to do all the upgrades on the Normandy, am i on the right lines?

Yessir.

I didnt have any trouble impressing that chick with my badassness. Are you picking the dialogue that makes you sound most like a cunt? Its been a while, but im sure you can find out stuff about her, like what she thinks of some band or summink.

I didnt have any trouble impressing that chick with my badassness. Are you picking the dialogue that makes you sound most like a cunt? Its been a while, but im sure you can find out stuff about her, like what she thinks of some band or summink.

I thought i was being pretty cunty but she wasn't having any of it. I'll give it another go tonight.

DP fun time action.

Only got two loyality missions left now (Legion and Samara's). I'm annoyed though as i don't have the loyalty of Jack or the nobend dlc character who wanted to kill a plant full of people to get revenge on some guy. In both cases I played out the scenario sticking with character (ie i wasn't a cunt just to get them on side) but i would have liked to have everyone on my side when going into the final stretch.

I still can't do Samara's loyalty mission though. I've tried all the convo trees now when chatting up her daughter and nothing i do works. The only reason i can think of is my paragon is super high (I'm like fucking Gabriel or some shit) so it won't let me choose the cocky or arrogant options. This to me brings up an obvious flaw in the jedi/darkside Paragon / Renegade structure of the game. If super good Shepard was in this situation where he has to lie to a murderer to get her into a trap, why would he not be able to say "renegade" things to lure her in. Why would he see it necessary to only say inoffensive things to her, when he knows this is going to bore her and make her leave. It doesn't make sense and is getting on my nerves.

If that's the bit I'm thinking of I failed the first time so reloaded my save and used a guide. There are right and wrong answers to her questions so you're not meant to go with being either paragon or evil.

• 2 months later...

I downloaded both Kasumi's Stolen Memory and Overlord over the weekend and i enjoyed them both.

Kasumi's Stolen Memory is the shorter of the two, its just like a little side quest you would get in the game but its a good idea none the less, i wont go into too much detail on the plot but i think it took me less than an hour to finish. Definately worth downloading though.

Overlord on the other hand is HUUUUGE. Its possibly my favorite piece of DLC yet and its a good story as well. Again i wont go on about the actual mission for spoiler resons but the Hammerhead vehicle that you get to drive is awesome. You can tell they've put quite a bit of thought into this DLC, it takes a few hours to finish and brings some new gameplay ideas with it which i didnt expect.

Ive put 7 hours into a game ive already finished this weekend - thats the biggest compliment i can pay Mass Effect 2. This or Galxy 2 as GOTD? I cant decide.

Yeah, the start was a real grind for me, all that walking around the Citadel didn't hook me in until I got about and about and started to do some exploring. I even liked the Mako bits eventually.

This game however, it has the biggest spikes and dips I've seen in a game for some time. For every excellent bit there are equally boring bits. Planet scanning, having to fly the ship about with a fuel limit, and about a shed load of other things really bother about this game. Don't get me wrong, when it's good it's really good, but when it's bad it is totally mediocre.

The more I play, the better it gets. Just a few more loyalty missions to get on with and then on with all the side mission stuff. Did any one experience bugs with sound dropping off during cut scenes? The Samara one where it all kicks off went all quiet on me, and there are a few other occasions the sound has gone silent. I hope it's a bug and not my 360 dying. <_<

BioWare has announced that the next DLC chapter for Mass Effect 2, 'Lair of the Shadow Broker', is on the way in September, reuniting Liara T'Soni with the rest of the Normandy crew as they team up to help her track down the titular Shadow Broker and recover the man he kidnapped.

Chasing a trail of clues from Illium to the Shadow Broker's Lair itself, you'll fight your way through the Broker's agents and gather new research on the shady character in the intel centre. You'll also be able to continue your relationship with Liara if you started one in the first Mass Effect, and gain five new achievements while you're at it.

Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC is out on September 7th, 2010 and will cost 800 Microsoft Points.

med_shadow_broker-05-o.jpg