Sign in to follow this  
retroed

Broadband woes

That's kind of a disgrace that the dashboard speed is tied to your internet. I get that it's got to pull the hottest new adverts but fuck that

There aren't any adverts you cynical fucker... :lol:

There is a lot of shit that it pulls up about what other people are doing... Social being the new buzz word and all that.

As I officially speak on behalf of Microsoft... Apology accepted. ;)

Edit.... Ben, you are a git! :lol:

All joking aside, can you imagine how bad it is for XO owners in rural areas where they're getting next to nothing speeds? It must take forever to collate all the crap it puts up on the dash.

It's not like the PS4 is free of loading woes... Plenty of times I've sat there waiting for the timeline to load up or the trophies refusing to sync... that's the price of being reliant on an Internet connection I guess.

Well I've recently changed my name to Larry Hryb via deed poll, so.

Where are you, Chimay?

Ha!

I'm near Ipswich - supposed to get close to 48mb download but I can't really be arsed to challenge them about it.

Funnily enough, my folks live about a third of a mile from bt headquarters and the fastest they can get is 2mb. Something to do with it being one of the first areas in the country to get broadband means its one of the last to get updated.

That sucks.... If mine drops below 30Mb I'll be straight on the phone, I'm still in the 10 day "tweaking" phase so I'm keeping an eagle eye on it at the minute.

Ehem. Down here in rural Plymouth, I've just been upgraded to Virgin Media's Vivid Fibre. I'm currently on a reliable 98Mb/s. In the next few days I'll get 200Mb/s. At no extra cost.

There is such a thing as "showing the fuck off" you know... ;)

On the flip side, my net is still down. Supposed to be up on Tuesday.

In the meantime I've hammered the net on my phone. Ran out of data with 20 days left (10gig) so had to pony up for another 10gig for the grand price of twenty quid.

Ouch Hendo. Why are mobile 4G plans outside your data allowance always so expensive? I get the same on EE.

There is such a thing as "showing the fuck off" you know... ;)

There is Nag. But WTF!

You'd be able download a 50 gig game in like 15 minutes or something daft.... amazing!