passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Broadband woes

retroed

Well those plugs are meant to arrive tomorrow so I'll give that a try first.

On the phone to a mate about it and he seems to think it could be that the two antennas that broadcast at different speeds, one of them could be damaged and the PS4 and other phone could be trying to connect via the broken one.

Success, I think.

Neither of them understand what it is and I think he thought it would help him out. According to the box there is a wifi version of the plug but this one is just for ethernet.

I'm a bit apprehensive as the quick start said to plug in at the wall and not a 4 way, but that's not an option. It works but then their TV channels dropped. Came back though.

Hopefully this will keep working and not kill their TV stuff, no idea why it did that.

• 6 months later...

Not a broadband woe, I just found it amusing:

I phoned Virgin Media today and told them I was looking to reduce my bill. I ended going for a lower TV package for a £15/month reduction, and somehow left with an internet speed increase from 150mbps to 200mbps for no extra cost.

• 4 weeks later...

We moved from a flat to a house last monday. I asked the landlord about the internet before we moved and she said the previous tennants said the internet was fast...

inter.jpg2.jpg

When did they move out 2003? :lol: Nice ping though. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m still with virgin, 200mb, had an issue with them they quoted me a price for adding sky sports but when I called they claimed they got it wrong, but I had the email they sent.

Ended up getting a price freeze for 18 months and free sky sports, i pay £75 a month no phone line though.

11B751EF-4FA5-418B-9F25-64C6E28351BB.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So our net changed from BT to Sky. Nothing to do with me and no idea what package has been bought.

This is the last Speedtest I did:

88399962-05C7-4D72-8320-9797377514DA.png

I waited till the NMS update had finished and done a new Speedtest.

30A3C84F-3A33-4086-9477-A77FDF27DA94.png

So not terrible but not as good, either.

I’m hoping that it’s just low while it settles. I’ll wait till the house is empty and try another test in a few days.

• 10 months later...