passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Broadband woes

retroed

£20, but that includes a phone line we never use (dont even own a phone to plug into it :unsure: ). It does dip everynow and then, you'll have a week or so where it's shit after about 7pm, I think maybe that's when they're doing work. We might have to get faster when we next move, there'll be 4 of us, 2 of us will be watching streamed footy and that cains the bandwidth, one will be playing fucking Halo all the time (mr Spatular), and one will be watching films all the time

Manchester is supposed to be one of the first areas getting 100mbs too, although I think that's a couple years off and ends a couple of miles away from where we live.

My BT Home Hub 2.0 kit arrived today. It's all set up now, and is running super smooth. Nifty looking piece of kit, too. :D

Yeah, I was really surprised when the black homehub came, it was so nice looking compared to the tacky white pos they sent out the first time. The phone handset was actually usable as well. The original white one was like a toddlers toy.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My internet has been absolute shit since about 3pm this afternoon. I had hoped it would sort itself out, we lost connection for an hour last week, and we've had to reset the router once too, but it doesn't appear to be going away. It could still be something on their network, but I think I'm going to have to bight the bullet and contact them about it :(

• 3 years later...

*sigh* I love how everyone here thinks their net connection is slow, but when looking at your guys speed test it really fast. I have the top tier package for my area from AT&T, which is slower than your bad days.

Download 2.60Mb/s Upload 0.45Mb/s Ping 15ms

first world problems.  :mellow:

Ed's is just ridiculous. :(

Mine's alright now I've moved although it is with Sky though technically it's not my money they're getting.

3299847828.png

Yeah I'm happy with 5 meg for what we pay (£7.50 pm) and I'm happy that it's staying up. We can stream Netflix in hd and stuff downloads at a reasonable rate.

My download speed was doubled when virginmedia upgraded everyone last year. I still get pauses and hang ups on Giantbomb and Twitch videos from time to time.

3315732842.png

I heard they were meant to be doing the same with uploads too sometime, but there's been no sign. I can live with that though.