passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post When You Complete A Game '10

stoobie

First of 2010.

Afro Samurai (360)

Rented this from Lovefilm, I'd say rental is definitely the way to go. It's not particularly long, it's competently made, but never really rises above that.

The game is basically a retelling of the story of the original Anime, voiced by the same cast. The graphics are pretty, and capture the look and feel of the source material well. Likewise, the soundtrack is good too if you liked the music from the anime.

I enjoyed playing through the story and seeing the characters, The game mechanic was pretty one dimensional though. Move through the environment until your way is barred, fight a bunch of guys, then move on. The combat is farily easy, but slicing bad guys clean in half with focus attacks was fun.

There was only one really bad point: a battle just before entering the final boss fight against constantly respawning enemies that was so long, tedious, and completely uneccessary that I nearly quit the game. They could have cut that out entirely, or incorporated it into the cutscene that sandwiches it and made that part a million times better.

03/01 The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks (NDS)

07/01 A Kingdom For Keflings (360) 200/200

09/01 Axel & Pixel (360) 200/200

10/01 Galaga (360) 200/200

13/01 Dead Space Extraction (Wii)

14/01 Littlebigplanet (PSPGo)

19/01 Sonic 3 (XBLA) 200/200 Still a good game - no Charmy Bee tho :(

Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr Ned (360)

Commando 3: Wolf of the Battlefield (XBLA)

Guitar Hero on Tour: Decades (DS)

Quantum of Solace (360)

Dragon Age: Origins (360)

My favourite game of last year that I have only just finished. Thought it was fantastic, even if the last boss was insanely difficult. I laughed at all the people complaining the game was hard because I found it so easy up until the end, then I just gave up and turned it down to easy. In my defense though, there is nothing cool about making you fight about a hundred Orcs and goblins half way through a boss fight.

06/01/10 - Mass Effect - 360

13/01/10 - Bayonetta - 360

21/01/10 - Dark Nebula - iPod Touch: Again to mirror what Ed said, good little game. Looks nice and manages to get the controls mostly right. This kind of slide puzzle game lives and dies on controls. Mostly I didn't have an problems (once i realised you can re-calibrate the controls by touching to screen with two fingers) but occasionally it got a bit fiddly. Will probably buy Episode 2.

3/1/10 - Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3).

6/1/10 - Call of Duty: Mordern Warfare 2 (360).

8/1/10 - Jade Empire (Xbox).

12/1/10 - Bayonetta (360).

12/1/10 - A Boy and His Blob (Wii).

13/1/10 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3).

13/1/10 - Left 4 Dead 2 (360).

16/1/10 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii).

24/1/10 - Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Xbox). It looks and plays like a dog but it keeps you playing because it tells an amazing tale, it shows up the crap that usually ends up in games. Great stuff.

N+ (XBLA)

Borderlands (360)

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 (360)

Fieldrunners (iPhone)

Resident Evil 5 (360)

Dark Nebula : Episode One (iPhone)

Grand Theft Auto IV : The Lost and Damned (360)

Soul (XNA Indie)

Completed twice on Wimp and once on Normal. Hardcore mode just ain't gonna happen.