passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Achievements idea

Hendo

This is something we've been kicking round for some time but have come stuck of how to actually make it work. Any ideas or feedback would be great....

NSMB - 3 stars next to name

MKDS - Mission Mode complete

TetrisDS - Marathon Mode complete

MKDS:

1 star after your name

2 stars after your name

3 stars after your name

AC:WW

A full museum.

Ouenden

Finish Cheerleader Mode

Maybe best to have a list of each game with the achievements, and a page with a highscore league?

Depending on the game, I suppose we'd ask for pics or videos for proof.

Some games like AC and MK you can get proof by playing them online.

There's the idea that you'll get points for achievements and we'll have a highscore table with who's got the most points, etc.

Personally, I think it should be only one thing per game - the very hardest most elite thing you could do.

Like, 3 stars on MK, a full museum on AC (it's impossible to share fish and bugs, you see), etc.

If it was easier to video your gaming, stunts would work.

HOW TO VIDEO DS GAMEPLAY

Due to technological advancements i have developed a product that enables you to video your DS gameplay.

Because you are all my special nintendo wifi buddies, i will share that mighty secret with you here before i patent it and make zillions.

Duck tape a mobile phone with video camera to your forehead and then play a game while recording... then upload to youtube.

:woohoo:

Following on from this, I've had an idea on challenges to run alongside the achievements.

Basically, someone sets a challenge for a score on a game (eg. Beat my time on this course on MK) and the first person to post proof that they have beaten it then gets to choose the next challenge.

The only snag being we'd have to draw up a list of the games allowed to be used as it would be unfair to use games that say only a couple of people have (I'm looking at Bleach here to be honest).

Anyone up for this?

I think each member should have an achievement section on his profile. We can make a list of achievements and those who reach one would have that achievement added to his list.

Tournaments could also be created for wifi games and the winner would get a symbol of the game saying that he was a champion.

relmatos wrote:

I think each member should have an achievement section on his profile. We can make a list of achievements and those who reach one would have that achievement added to his list.

That's pretty much exactly what we were thinking of!

Though who ever bothers looking at profiles all the time?

If I get some time tomorrow or the weekend I'll make a mock-up and see what people think.

relmatos wrote:

A link below the avatar saying something like "# achievements" would make people curious about what achievements he has.

From a technical stand-point that would involve more work than I could be bothered with to be honest! It's probably possible, but I haven't got that much time on my hands!

A solution could be to put a link on your sig.

But I'm more veering towards making a link on the main menu and having the games listed, like we have for Reviews.

You then click on a game and with little piccies it tells you what you have to do to get the achievement, and then underneath lists all the members who have so far done it (possibly with their proof pics).

As for the "pass-the-challenge" I suppose that would simply be a thread.

We'd all need to agree on a list of viable games first though.