passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

[360] Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5

illdog

I got to the boss of level one last night on Ver 1.5 -> Ultra without using a continue, and i had the boss down to the final third of his energy but it was all too muh without anymore bombs. Thats sounds pathetic but by fuck Ultra Mode is hard.

i think that's pretty impressive dude B)

black label god mode is still mad but much more doable.

not played enough to have a favorite mode yet, i like 1.5 maniac, but it kicks my ass.

@ Supagorgonizer - nice one on the arrange mode tips, i saw a mini guide somewhere else about how to get into fever mode, but i did it in the middle of a level (was pleased i'd managed it at all tbh), will have to try doing it on the boss next time :)

the info i saw on arrange mode was posted about half way through this page by nZero:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15512&start=0

Has anybody got a favorite mode they play more than any other?

Sticking with 1.5 arcade original mostly. Haven't really messed around with arrange mode yet, had a few bashes at maniac, but original is proving most addictive for me. 39m at the level 3 boss is the best I've managed so far. 1cced original and maniac novice for fun which are both really easy. Got the final boss down to half health on novice ultra which was really annoying. Again, that's pretty easy so I'll finish it next time I'm sure.

I'm holding off on Black Label as I've read in various places that having it installed can cause stuttering. Anybody noticed any problems with it?

i've read about the black label stuttering thing but not experienced it myself.

been playing this all night, loads of fun, just had a mad run on black label maniac mode, i'm shaking all over, told my mum to go away, that's how tence it gets, i've played 1.5 quite a lot, had it since feb to be fair, i'm usually pretty crap at manic mode, struggle to get to stage 4, stage 3 usually kicks my ass, as it did this time, robbing me of both lives, i was amazed i beat the boss with no bombs left, then i didn't die at all in stage 4 just using the bomb you get at the end of the stage, then in stage 5 i got the first score based extra life and the one hidden in the stage so had 2 lives for the last boss, both lives gone, got it down to about 1/4 health before dying, never thought i'd make stage 5 in maniac, let alone the last boss, this was no doubt helped by black label being easier than 1.5 and apparently the black label port isn't very accurate as it has loads more slowdown, which also helps, and a few spots where i got extremely lucky, still i'm well pleased :D need a rest now! and sadly i'm sure i'll never repeat it. 5th on the leaderboards too so the replay is up for download, hardly make it into last place on the shmup forum leaderboard though :lol:

had it since feb to be fair

How? Have you got the PCB?

5th on the leaderboards too so the replay is up for download, hardly make it into last place on the shmup forum leaderboard though :lol:

!!! That's amazing. Really impressed. Well done.

yeah i have an extremely small number of cave pcb's i picked up when it looked like they weren't going to be porting stuff anymore. of course the port was then soon announced :rolleyes: and now they're seemingly porting everything under the sun, good times for shmup fans :D

and thanks! althought it was really lucky :blush: (edit - and i think theres only ~60 people on that leaderboard!)

alhought it was really lucky :blush: (edit - and i think theres only ~60 people on that leaderboard!)

Still, that makes you better than 55 of them. Well done man, thats an awesome achievement.

I really wanna dedicate myself to this game in an effort to become tubular. Thats right i said tubular.

hows the quest for tubularness coming on illdog?

been playing this loads, absolutely loving it, especially as i've finally got to grips with the scoring in maniac mode (which leads to a lot more deaths), really liking black label too, maybe as it's easier than 1.5, apart from the bosses. also had a go at doing the first level on ultra and keep failing miserably, it's mega hard. anyhow, keep on shmupping :ph34r:

hows the quest for tubularness coming on illdog?

Its coming along, still far from even being close to tubular but im trying to play this every day just so enemy wave patters ingrain in the brain. Ive been playing Black Label on original (which i see youve done without continuing :o ). I prefer Black Label, its a little easier and there is a chime when you need to change weapon so you dont have to look at the combo counter and get killed by one of thousands of bullets.

Speaking of which, im finding patterns through bullets alot easier now, i guess its just practice. Some i still find ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of which, im finding patterns through bullets alot easier now, i guess its just practice. Some i still find ridiculous.

yeah the more you play the better you get no doubt, even if it doesn't always seem like it. i have big problems with the bosses and the end of stage 3 - bombs away!

usually i give shooters a break for a bit when i have a good run as i just get annoyed i can't do any better, but i've stuck at this, played loads yesterday and did pretty crap, but sticking at it has paid off as i've just 1cc'd black label maniac mode, i'm well chuffed :D

• 2 weeks later...

i managed to get a 1.01 dlc code (bought it off someone on the shmups forum) and played it a bit last night, it's just like people say, seems quite a bit harder than 1.5, and you can't suck up ground gems, which seems strange, i didn't get too far then went back to playing black label.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

also posted in the shmups thread - this is getting a re-release out tomorrow i think ~£20, and it's region free :D and as Rob said in the other thread there is a chance it'll have the DLC on the disk.

http://www.play-asia.com/Mushihimesama_Futari_Ver_1.5_Platinum_Collection/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-3yu5.html

Spaffy spaffy spaff spaff. I'll defo be picking that up once I get the xbox back.