passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Harddrive Problem (saying it's full?)

DANGERMAN

Geek army assemble!

Apologies this is vague, but it's via my parents. My dads just rang me, he says they've got a problem with their laptop, that it's not letting them load up windows. They've tried going through the Safe Mode but it's failing, telling them that there's not enough memory. I dont know if that's a problem with safe mode or if they'd already been told that their harddrive is full.

My dad says that my mum was downloading something, but couldnt say if it stopped working as she was downloading something. They dont tend to download music/films, though they probably have got all sorts of crap installed, and I'm not entirely certain that it isnt a problem with their ram rather than HDD.

Basically has anyone got any advice, and is there another way to get into windows?

if its a problem with the RAM most likely the computer wouldn't boot at all. Normally if the HD is too low, you'll get loads of warnings flashing up when you are using it, what might have happened is an automatic windows update could have come down and taken any remaining space, although the fact that safe mode isn't working either sounds a little odd. They might be able to get in through command prompt (advanced options when booting, normally f8 or something) and delete some files like it is 1988. Thats all i can offer i'm afraid with out seeing it first hand.