passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Hendo

Yes, it can get annoying. For most of it it's really cool. The problems come when there is neon signs about which is, let's see, about 70% of the time. I have had my view obscured a few times by big streaks of light over my crosshair. It does look really nice though so it's okay.

Tried the beta, im not too keen on the game but im really liking the style of it but having it seem like a camera all the time could really bust my eyes. especially when running :S

I thought when the enemies run tho, they ran like crazy men fron condemned.

Haven't taken the demo online but I've gone through the single player campaign bit and the arcade mode. I like that you can do Fragile Alliance offline now, not sure how good the AI is though.

The story section is good but starts and ends very abruptly.

Like Bob, I can't see this getting top review scores if this is what the finished product will be like, but it's enjoyable and I'll probably end up getting it.

Square also announced that those who pre-order the game will receive the exclusive Radio Tower multiplayer map, 7 new multiplayer weapons and 8 Chinese costume masks for your character, noting that the pre-order incentives are "available at all good retailers."

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the demo today, I just spotted it on PSN, dunno how long it's been up for everyone but I quite liked it. It's still feels a bit off but I'm just comparing it to Gears. It looks great, though. I'm digging the camcorder style.

I don't know what to think of the multi-player, I had three games and won all of them, I was never a bastard. I just kept my head down and shot a load of cops, there were a couple of guys eager to be traitors, one near the start that got riddled with bullets as he did it right in front of all of us and another time mid way through some guy didn't see me and took another guy hostage across the road, popped a cap in his brain and the three of us jumped in the van.

Maybe after extended play you can be more cunning with your treachery but punishing idiots seems to be the best way to get a bigger share of the cash.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this should go in here instead of the sidebox thing.

This is getting some pretty shocking review scores.

Destructoid - 1/10

This game was Kane and Lynch's chance to get a title that such interestingly dark characters deserve, and it's a chance that has been wasted on incompetent design and half-hearted writing. I actually cannot think of a single positive thing to say about the game, and the fact that I have been rooting for this IP from the moment the first game was announced just makes it all the more infuriating. I wished nothing but the best for Kane & Lynch as a series, but the appalling nature of Dog Days confirms to me that this franchise will never be what it deserves to be.

Jeff Gerstmann gave this 3/5 for the PS3 version and 2/5 for the 360 version. The 360 one has 'technical issues' or something.

I honestly was thinking this would be a much better game than the original. Seems I was wrong.

Jeff Gerstmann gave this 3/5 for the PS3 version and 2/5 for the 360 version. The 360 one has 'technical issues' or something.

I honestly was thinking this would be a much better game than the original. Seems I was wrong.

If technical issues cover the game been a crock of smashed arse then he hit that right on the button.

I'm still interested in playing both these games, but I'm surprised this one is broken again. The demo seemed, well, a bit broken but it's a shame the other more narrative based stuff can't carry it. If I see it cheap and have time I'll try it.

And the thing with Sterling's reviews is they are just an opinion of a guy with the benefit of a soapbox, much like many of us would give certain high profile games a low score if we did this sort of work.

Watched the GiantBomb review, there's a few sneaky references to his original review that got him fired.

I'd much rather take his opinion than someone who went as far as to score it 1/10 which just seems to be trying to make a point rather than use a scoring system properly. 1/10 surely should be reserved for something which is basically unplayable?

Have you seen the Metacritic list?

I'm sorry, but the general feeling is pretty poor so there's been some money changing hands for those top reviews.

Have you seen the Metacritic list?

I'm sorry, but the general feeling is pretty poor so there's been some money changing hands for those top reviews.

It's pretty obvious Eidos has a history of this. I'm fairly sure that advance reviews of Arkham Asylum had to be at least a 90. At least that game was good.

Was gonna post this in Super Deals, but Sainsbury's have already reduced the limited edition version of this down to £33!

Also, here's Gerstmann's review with the dodgy bugs at the end.

<object width="640" height="360" data="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.1.5_10002.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.1.5_10002.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="whiskey-video-id" value="3063" /><param name="flashvars" value='config={"key":"#@db334ee8c5997373469","clip":{"scaling": "fit"},"canvas":{"background":"#000000","backgroundGradient":"none"},"playlist":["http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/31/1468446-vr_kanelynch_081610.jpg", {"autoPlay":false,"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/video/vr_kaneandlynch2_081210_700.flv"}],"plugins":{"controls":{"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer.controls-3.1.5_10001.swf","autoHide":"always","timeColor":"#cc0000","bufferGradient":"none","volumeSliderColor":"#333333","durationColor":"#ffffff","sliderColor":"#333333","tooltipTextColor":"#ffffff","backgroundGradient":"none","timeBgColor":"#000","borderRadius":"0px","tooltipColor":"#000","buttonColor":"#cc0000","sliderGradient":"none","progressColor":"#cc0000","bufferColor":"#666666","volumeSliderGradient":"none","buttonOverColor":"#990000","progressGradient":"medium","backgroundColor":"#111111"}}}' /></object>

Listened to Jeff talk about it on Bombcast yesterday. 4hr campaign with no replay value, 6 maps with AI that's at the same locations every time, and severly broken (on 360 at least) does not a good game make.