passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Medal of Honor

Hendo

Ooh, Jeff on Giant Bomb said there's no way that's in-game footage, and that EA have pulled another Killzone 2 where they'll never be able to match the trailer. I hope EA aren't lying and that Jeff is proven wrong, because the trailer looked pretty sweet indeed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

October 15th release, then.

'Leave a Message' Trailer

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03T82FRzTy8&color1=0x234900&color2=0xd4d4d4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03T82FRzTy8&color1=0x234900&color2=0xd4d4d4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03T82FRzTy8&color1=0x234900&color2=0xd4d4d4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I think that's a brilliant trailer. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it pans out. It's a definite buy for me, I reckon.

• 2 months later...
Electronic Arts today announced the Medal of Honor Limited Edition for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Included in the pack which retails at the same price as the standard version, is exclusive access to the MP7 and day-one access to the TOZ-194 and 870MC2 shotguns in multiplayer, while others must unlock them by ranking up.

I hate early access to stuff, theyre the weakest pre order bonuses ever!

• 2 weeks later...
Linkin Park To Headline Medal Of Honor Soundtrack

Written Tuesday, July 27, 2010 By Dan Webb

Keeping in tone with EA LA’s attitude in creating a military shooter with a serious theme, with none of that Hollywood flair that some say has polluted the Modern Warfare franchise, EA today announced that Linkin Park will headline the game’s soundtrack...

“The Catalyst,” a track from their upcoming A Thousand Suns album (releasing on September 14th), will feature in a trailer directed by the band’s DJ, Joe Hahn, that is set to be released on August 1st exclusively over at www.medalofhonor.com/linkinpark; a day before you’ll hear the song on the radio or catch it on iTunes – one day!? Aren’t you lucky!

According to the press-release, “the trailer is a unique first-of-its-kind mix of live footage and intense modern military action from the Medal of Honor game” and you can check out a preview of the song today at www.medalofhonor.com/linkinpark.

Hell yeah, LP rules.

:lol:

I played the beta on PS3 a couple weeks back. It was pretty average, and doesn't hold a candle to Call of Duty as it stands. If it doesn't have a decent SP, then I may miss out on this, or at least wait until it's sub £20.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/07/30/limited-edition-of-moh-comes-with-battlefield-3-beta-invite/

EA’s announced a Limited Edition of Medal of Honor which will come with an invitation to the Battlefield 3 Beta.Battlefield 3, ya say? Well, damn the smart-bombs and full speed ahead, then.According to the press release, those who own the Limited Edition of MOH will receive an invitation to the Battlefield 3 Beta within 12-months following the release of Medal of Honor.The Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability, and will be available for a limited time only and the offer expires upon close of Beta events and those participating in it on Xbox Live must be Gold members.Now, with all that out of the way, let’s get to the Limited Edition details.The MOH LE features special content out-of-the-box including the MP-7, a weapon utilized by real-world Tier 1 Operators in the field, which is considered a light weight weapon with a high rate of fire with the ability to penetrate body armor. It handles like a pistol, yet allows targets to be engaged like a rifle.The Limited Edition also includes camouflage, and two shotguns with custom slugs which are ideal for close-range fights.Medal of Honor launches on October 12 in North America and October 15 in Europe for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.The PS3 version of the Limited Edition also includes the classic, Medal of Honor Frontline completely remastered in HD just like the regular retail version.As a reminder to those participating in the MOH Beta, it ends tomorrow on PC and PS3, with 360’s ending August 6.

w00t! Might get MoH now. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any references to the Taliban have now been removed, and will instead be 'Opposing Forces'.

In a reaction to outcry from friends and families of fallen soldiers, Medal of Honor developer Danger Close and publisher EA have decided to rename the multiplayer faction in their game from "Taliban" to "Opposing Force." Executive producer Greg Goodrich announced as much on the MOH blog this morning, explaining the alteration by saying, "We are making this change for the men and women serving in the military and for the families of those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice -- this franchise will never willfully disrespect, intentionally or otherwise, your memory and service."

This isn't the first such predicament Medal of Honor has faced in its development -- early last month it was revealed that GameStop stores within Army and Air Force bases wouldn't carry the game, with GameStop's internal memo naming the playable Taliban as its reasoning.

Unfortunately, we're not sure we see a solution here -- considering combatant casualties in any war are "opposing forces," won't considerably more people be offended this way?

Joystiq