passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

TopGunKnacker

But yeah, it's awesome stuff. I think it improves on CoD4's multiplayer, and that's saying something. I probably won't be playing much else on 360 for the foreseeable future.

deffo. but i must admit, i havent clicked with the maps for search and destroy yet. theyre great for deathmatches but im a S&D man. probably just need to learn them more

Im honestly a bit surprised that this thread is so negative. I'm not saying it's unwarrented, but I really expected post after post of gush. I'm just up to the oil rig mission, I was playing with my housemate, switching when we died (I've played the majority of the game because he's casual scum).

Generally I've enjoyed the Brazil levels, although it felt like a shooting gallery rather than a proper fps. The suberb levels are shit, generally too busy and vague for their own good. I think it was Riva who said that the airport level feels like something to hang the rest of the plot off, and I agree. I dont think it's necessarily gratuatous, but then it bears no relation to anything else, other that the needle in hastack plot that the soldiers have no problem accomplishing. It also doesnt do a good enough job of tieing all the locales togather, there just doesnt feel like theres a thread underlaying all of them.

Graphically theres some really nice effects, and the lighting is really good, some of the textures are a bit poor, also most of the guns seem to have faces for sights, the ealy ones at least. Thats not really a graphics thing, just something I noticed.

It's decent so far, not amazing by any means, the burger level in particular was just a bit of a chore, but it's not horrendous

I'm up to the oil rig, I'm dying quite a bit (because I've gone with Hardened) but nothing too bad yet.

I think the campaign is really good so far, some bits stand out more than others, some bits are more irritating than others, but that's the same as CoD4.

The proof of the pudding in this will be the multiplayer and how well designed the maps are. Can't wait to get stuck in, but I'm not touching it until I'm done in single player.

Topgun - when I'm ready you should hit me up because S&D is my favourite gametype, outside of Team Deathmatch. :)

I'm not sure, dude. I played more Team Deathmatch tonight, and I absolutely love it! I'm going to be hooked on this for a long time. I'm still using the same weapon, unlocked the holographic sight for it now. I was MVP earlier with nearly double the kills of second place. B)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0&color1=0x234900&color2=0xd4d4d4&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0&color1=0x234900&color2=0xd4d4d4&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0&color1=0x234900&color2=0xd4d4d4&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:

i cant find out anywhere on the interwebs, considering some people must have already prestiged, and theres an official guide out and whatnot, i dont know why i cant find any info!

im settling into the maps a lot better now, having lots of fun. making the perks upgradable was a masterstroke!!!!

Well personaly im enjoying this more than i did COD4. The same old annoyances are still present (paperclip suit, everywhere grenades) but its a bed i make for myself because i play on Veteran, irritations are amplified.

It certainly is action packed, i havent got a clue whats going on storywise (and frankly my dear...) but im enjoying the ride. I havent got too much else to say about it really, its just another COD game but i sure do like it.

veterans pretty easy this time round eh illdog? those spec ops seem to be where the challenge lies!

Yea, im pissing through it. Had a few problems on the Oil Rig with the smoke and the Thermal weapons but that aside it been smooth sailing.

Ive not played it yet, but i think im probably justified in saying that people who dont like it, mainly Ben, all suck horse cock.

So if I dont play it I'm not playing it because it popular and I hate popular things, and if I do play it (and like it but dont absolutely love it) a suck horse cock. I cant win can I?

I finished the game last night, the game's probably too showy for its own good. Far too many epic things happen for any of them to have meaning, so it's all quite neutered. How many times do you 'die' in total, I'm guessing about 5 times

Personally if I'd played 55 quids for that single player I'd be feeling a little robbed. Not that it was terrible, because it isnt by any means, it just should be better.

The single player on CoD4 is about as long as this one, maybe a tiny bit longer but not by much.

For me, it's all about the multiplayer investment - in that this game may well see me through a good two years, maybe even longer.

Think I'm at the end now. Oh, and is Ghost the same character as Gaz? It's the same dude doing the voice, but it's never mentioned that it's him. I was expecting a big lift-off of his skull mask, like it would be a big surprise but the chances of that happening right now are fairly slim.

I think it improves on CoD4's multiplayer, and that's saying something. I probably won't be playing much else on 360 for the foreseeable future.

It's early days (I'm only level 9 at the moment) but I'd have to agree. I was starting to worry that they'd crammed too much in but early impressions are that they've fixed a lot of things people had problems with before.

I noticed that someone can get a killstreak of a helicopter, and then a Predator can counteract that. If you're on the ground and you see a Predator coming towards you, you seem to be safe as long as you're inside, but they are pretty quick. And the martyrdom (which I never had a problem with, in fact I used it quite a bit!) is now a deathstreak, and you have to be pretty shit to get it. I don't think there's any reason that anyone will abuse the deathstreaks, because they seem to be just for the ones who are struggling, no real long term use for others.

Also love that the enemy can throw up a UAV and then you can throw up a UAV jammer to counteract it, if you have the killstreak (I think).

Oh, and the last kill of the match that everyone can see is genius as well, though I bet it's embarrassing for whoever did something dumb, and then everyone can see.

I've seen a few of the maps now and I just seemed to jump straight in on most - either they're really well designed, or I just know too well how IW design their map layouts, but either way by the end of the match I'd found my way around.

Also, love the fact you can upgrade your perks by using them lots. :)

For now at least, this is me:

post-62-12581507587799.jpg

Don't know what I'm doing using the knife, I'll never get a kill with it. :unsure:

This guy has issues. Funny though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>