passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

TopGunKnacker

All of the old ones were super hardcore. Call of Duty 2 through Black Ops 1 which I think was the last one I did on Veteran before stopping playing them like that. Modern Warfare 1 I never completed on Veteran full stop. It’s just so bullshit lol.

Maybe Modern Warfare 2 is easier than the others and I don’t remember properly. Maybe I’ve got better at games, too. I don’t know. But this is really not the nightmare I thought it was going to be at all. Health recharges so quick. The AI can be really slow to react sometimes. Also the remake has a confirmed kill marker The Last of Us style which makes it much easier to know when it’s safe to move forward. 

Yuck. So as annoyed and sweary and mentally unstable I became yesterday doing the assault course challenge today I’ve been trying to get the trophy for completing the game without dying/failing. I’ve put it on the easiest difficulty and it’s still much harder than you think it would be. I’ve got to the second set of missions and just died/lost 4 times on the same one and have called it a break. 

The thing about the assault course as even though it was much harder than this the restarts are literally instant and I find that kind of thing fun in a twisted, self harm kind of way. This not dying trophy is just so boring. 1) Because it is really easy but as it’s on the easiest difficulty I get very careless and either get blown up by a grenade or accidentally shoot someone on my side which the game counts as a death/fail and 2) You can’t reload checkpoints either so I have to go right back to the mission select screen and do it again. 

My last two trophies are this and get all the collectibles so I thought I would do them all in a final run. But man this is boring. If it wasn’t the last thing to do in the game I would quit and do something else. The assault course was bullshit but at least it was fun. This is just tedious.

Finally got the Platinum in this game. Man, the ‘Immortal’ trophy for getting through the game without dying is very tedious. 

I still really like this game but doing that last playthrough really kind of sucked the wind out of it. Still a fantastic game but maybe don’t play it to what probably equates to about 5 playthroughs in 2 weeks given actual full runs of the game + going back for mission specific trophies + going back for intel collectibles + random bits and pieces to do. 

Kudos for the Platinum. I genuinely can’t be arsed with doing “don’t die” trophies in COD. Because even on easy, all it takes is one cheap grenade (and there’s always plenty of those), to kill you and ruin your run. I played the Remaster on Easy, but it didn’t take long for me to die and sack that trophy off.

What’s more annoying is melee attacks are still OHKO’s even on easy. So all you need to do is turn around a corner and bam. Or focus on one thing and a guy just runs up behind you and bam. 

Thankfully none of the levels are too long. But some of them are very cinematic and set piece heavy and when having to sit through it for the 5th time it’s very dull.

Not to knock the game, I think the game is amazing. But it isn’t the type of game that is built for quick, successive replayability.