Sign in to follow this  
DifferentClass

Borderlands

Adding this to the thread of the first game, I got the iPad game Borderlands Legends the other day.

The reason I'm adding it here rather than the one for the sequel is because it uses the 4 characters of the original and follows after the end of the first game.

It's like a real-time point and click RTS, control all 4 characters at once and move them around, use their skills, tell them to heal the others, aim on a particular enemy and all that.

I've only finished the tutorial but I'm not convinced so far, feels a bit unwieldy and slow. At least they did something different with the IP and didn't just make a knock-off FPS.

Samuel bobbins and I spent the majority of this weekend playing this in co-op, he as a berserker and me as a hunter. Was good fun once I figured out what I was doing. A few hours in and we hit a massive wall, everything and everyone was kicking our asses, especially mine. But after that little tough spell and a few decent weapon drops later we were back in the saddle.

I think we put about 10 hours in, plenty of time to get a good feel for the game. Its not without its flaws, i mean i hate the fight for your life system. Its a good idea but it can fuck you over far too easily as it all depends on where you go down. I'd like it more if you didn't loose money either, sometimes having to walk 50 miles back to where you were before you died is punishment enough. And the accuracy, don't even get me started.

Despite its flaws it brilliant fun and highly addictive, that hope that a better weapon id just around the corner is a real driving force. I don't know how ill get in playing it solo though.

I bought the GOTY edition on XB1X and have been having a blast all over again. I've gone with Siren this time and think I've made the correct decision. She's a lot fun to play as and I like how fast she can move around the map. I played to level 12 last night and didn't want to stop.

They've added the mini-map from Borderlands 2 and it's made such an improvement. Menus are ripped out of BL2 as well, and there are Golden Keys (I received 75 for having played the Handsome Collection).

It looks the part in 4K 60fps, although I have had some screen tearing which I've not experienced since the 360 days. Hopefully it can be fixed because that's not an ideal thing to have in a remaster of a ten year old game on the world's most powerful games console.

But yeah, 25 quid well spent and Borderlands 3 is currently my most anticipated game of 2019. I forgot how good these games feel to play, and how much I enjoy the gameplay loop.

Kind of jealous, actually. I really wish I had the time to play this again

So tempted to pick this up but will wait for the inevitable price drop. Already bought the GOTY edition on the PS3 and this really should be part of the Handsome Collection. A bit miffed that PC owners get the free upgrade.

I just checked and I have the enhanced version on PC. Happy Days! I might try and bash through them all before 3 comes out.

Fuck, this stupid DF video is going to make me get Borderlands 1. I really want to play this, but must remain strong!