passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands

HandsomeDead

After a bit of a dull start, this is rather good. Not much of and RPG though, apart from the numbers on everything when you shoot. I picked soldier for my 1st play through and I have got some right benefits going on. My ammo recharges itself with whatever weapon is equipped and my turret can heal and resupply my comrades, as well as shooting the fuck out of everything in front of it. I'm enjoying it, I'm looking forward to playing it in a full co-op game with everyone the same level, because right now playing with people at different levels makes it hella hard.

I think this is my game of the year!

So much to choose from though but if they release a sensible amount of DLC at a steady pace then i can see myself playing this for a looooooooong time.

Rekon they need to up the level cap too or something though.

Still on first playthrough. Got the game on PC and have had a couple of mates round for lan play and its utterly fanstastic. Really reminds me of old school diablo2 lan sessions i used to have.

I am looking forward to experiencing the super crap ending i keep hearing about. I am actually more excited to see just how shit it really is than i am concerned about any story conclusions / twist. :D

DLC to add 6 hours of play apparently

Borderlands DLC The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned will provide roughly six hours of new gameplay, Gearbox has told MTV.

“It’s probably about the size of the Arid Badlands,” said design director Paul Helqist.

The game’s first content update will cost $10 on PSN and 800 MSP (£6.80/€9.60).

It’s out on November 24.

VG247

Maybe I've finally been worn down, but that seems a perfectly reasonable price. Especially as you could conceivably play it twice (once on standard, then again on the completed play through), then try it again with a different character

I ordered myself a copy of this last night, it's going to take an age to arrive by the look of it. I went for cheapo free post, and it looks like I missed the post for them to send it out last night. Not to mention that it looks like they're out of stock now (hopefully mine is accounted for in that)

I'm looking forward to getting back to it, but I'm kind of dreading getting hooked again

I rented it. I put 25 hours into it I think, maybe slightly more, so I couldnt really justify buying it full price given that I was half way through.

It's definitely worth getting, it has a few dips here and there, and there were a few times where I started to get a bit bored, but it's really addictive. When you open up a new area or start finding some more interesting guns you get hooked on it. It's more of a shooter than an rpg though, certainly later on as things get a bit tougher

Well back into this now, although I was just going through the motions for a while. The missions all involved trekking back and forth through the same areas, doing predictable things and using the same old weapons.

I did a boss fight, I forget his name but he's on a turret. He wasn't especially hard so long as I stayed patient and finished off his minions before moving on. The way I beat him was

to jump on his turret so he could shoot me, then shotgun his face off

Finally got some better missions after that

Went over the raised bridge to find Old Haven. Cleared out a bandit settlement called Jaynestown or something, then got a mission to go back and clear it out all over again <_<

I found Old Haven. It was supposed to be a 'normal' difficulty mission, but I died 4 times on it. You have to put out some smoke signals, and you're up against Saber guards, they've got metal armour and some have got shields. It really made me think about my weapon of choice. I'd been using an explosive SMG and a corrosive machine gun, neither of which were much cop against their armour. One of them dropped a lightning machine gun, that worked pretty well, though I reckon there's probably a better answer. It got rid of their shield pretty quick (the electronic shield rather than the physical one that some of them have. That and my lightning sniper were a big help, but really I was getting twatted in an open fight.

Problem was it took so long to work my way from smoke signal to smoke signal that all the enemies were respawning. I'm halfway through another mission there but I really need to level up and find a more suitable weapon first (anyone who's completed it have any advice?)

Bit of a long post behind that spoiler, but I dont want to ruin anything for anyone that's not played this yet

Completed this tonight, the last boss is insanely easy compared to what goes before :unsure:

Noticed a couple of secrets

Opposite the gun shop in New Haven, I think it must be behind the shutters, there's a hidden weapon machine that has all lights and stuff around it. I've only seen it once, not sure how to get it to appear.

Also, anyone know what the deal is with that robot it shows at the end? He goes corrupt and looks like he'll be a boss, but I've no idea where to find him. Anyone know?

I spent all night on this since L4D2 started making LIVE act like a twat. Get in game, get signed out of LIVE. Get in game, get signed out of LIVE. Get in game, get signed out of LIVE. I thought fuck it in the end and put this on. I just played up to the bit where the bridge is made passable. Before that it was a dude holding an artifact that was a right arse to beat, his health was going up as fast as I was draining it, even though I got into a safe spot where most of my shots were hitting. Apparently I'm coming up to a cunt of a mission or so I am told, I might try and get all the bounty board things done before I move on. I tried to do an areana with a friend but the last round was so bloody hard we had to back out, especially as I was losing 30k on each respawn.

I found my 1st orange weapon too, a revolver type thing with insane damage. I don't use them much though, so I might give it away if I ever play with someone that uses them.

Yeah I've been doing that, hording weapons just in case, even though I really dont need them at all. Currently my inventory is nearly full through multiple examples of the same weapon. For example, I've got an explosive, electric, and fire SMG, a couple of different snipers and a 3 rocket launchers. same with shields too

My advice Sly, if you've got an electric sniper rifle then that will come in handy for the turrets you're about to face. In fact electric might be your friend for all of this next part to get rid of shields, although anything that carries on attacking while you reload is a good thing (strong fire or corrosive)

I have an electric sniper, I needed it to get into Kroms area, as there were two turrets that stopped you getting anywhere close. I unlocked an achievement last night completely at random. I was doing a mission where I had to take sulphur from the spiderant lairs and kill the defending boss on each one. When all the shit kicked of I was strafing round and blasting away when I got knocked back by one I wasn't taking any notice of. It must have bounce me across ones head, as I unlocked the My brother is an Italian plumber. Fluke.

Im a level 22 on this now, and it feels massive, ive just opened up the junk yard and the bit before new haven is it?? those bugs are bloody annoying! and ive somehow lost sledges shotgun somewhere, but the game is great fun, although i got a headache after 4 hours play today so had to turn it off!

Old Haven wasn't that hard, I swapped to cautic weapons and it was pretty much a walk over after that. I also DL the Zombie Island thing over night.

I died a few times in it, was quite good fun, but I could get overwhelmed if I wasn't Sneaky McSneakerson. also if Live if actually on that free week tomorrow, I'd be up for going through the DLC co-op

@Manic Those tiny bugs are twats, the amount of times my shotgun misses them from near point blank range <_<

I started my play through in a full game with one of each class and so far it's been a pretty amazing experience. I went as the Hunter class this time around and I have to say if it wasn't for the team work involved by my online brethren I would be fucked. There just seems to be that camaraderie about who kills what and how the tactics pan out, giving warning to people about to be attacked and waiting at the gates of the first town sniping Skags and Bandits while the rest of the crew top up on ammo and sort out what quest will be tackled next. I really like how when my peeps level up we all talk through what possibilities open up after spending the point on each perk so we cover a broader scale as possible with our skills. I also like how when a battle has taken place and weapons have been dropped we all gather round, it feels good when someone finds a weapon crate and my name gets shouted because whatever is contained in the crate I have first dibs on (which happens to be pistols and sniper rifles), as does picking a load of loot up that we have no use for and dumping it near a vending machine so we can share the profits out. I dunno, it just feels really good and I really don't want to go back to playing it without a full set of clesses now as it just doesn't feel the same.

It isn't all perfect though. I thought the levelling system worked on the principle on who ever got the kill didn't really matter as all 4 classes peaked at the same rate, but it isn't like this at all, it actually works on the person that does the kill takes the lions share of the XP which is going to lead to there being a gulf between the people that are playing now, especially as the Berserker class and the Siren class seem to be up close and personal all the time they seem to be taking the lions share of the kills which I can see is going to cause some major problems for the person least well levelled up once you start on some of the more enclosed bosses, it's just going to end up with these people needing help and dying all the time due to XP not been shared equally on a kill. You can see why they made that decision because otherwise you would get people not pulling their weight, but eventually it's going to make a weak link and I can see it being one that frays tempers and causes more frustration because of its workings.

I also don't like how it seems to be semi broken with the eligibility of the quests. It doesn't really matter for me, as I have finished the game myself, but for some reason the way the game reads what mission you can and can't do seems a bit fascicle. You would expect that because we all started at level 1, that we all came in at the very start that every mission would be ticked off as we completed it, but for some reason this doesn't work as you think it would do in the world of Pandora. I don't know if it is a bug or a design decision by the guys at Gearbox, but it seems really random that even though all of us have been through the same trails that we would have ticked each completed quests box. The game does not think this though and I have no idea why. Maybe this effects the amounts of XP each player receives too, but I don't really know as I have never asked how much people are getting on each reward.

For all its problems it's still a great game though, although you might want to bring friends as it just isn't the same without them.