passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands

HandsomeDead

Dunno how many of you are waiting for this one but hey ho.

It plays like those old western RPGs I never played. Get job, go to place, kill baddie tell job giver. Or maybe collect plants and take them back to some dude. Fighting is done in the style of a FPS, its not like Fallout 3 though, this does actually feel like one, all the stat stuff behind the scenes is there but you don't notice or consider it mid battle like you may on Fallout 3. The AI is bollocks compared to what we have come acustomed to, missions and dialogue are given out in soulless text like it is in Marrowind and despite the great artwork it still feels far too brown.

So why couldn't I put it down for hours? I'm not sure yet, I think its the looting aspect and the weapon collecting, because of the randomly generated weapons I'd keep exploring the area to find something rare and useful that I could show off when I do end up online. It is a stupid thing to be driven by but I'm loving all these juicy stats.

Haven't tride the co-op yet, will do that around its general release.

This game starts off terribly, feeble shooting, samey enemies and boring missions. And it pretty much stays like that, it's not the greatest fps in the world at all, you cant really dodge and weave, you just have to take advantage of the AI and make the most of fairly simple cover. Thing is though it gets really addictive. You start killing for ammo, weapons, and then just experience.

I'm getting twatted at the minute though, have to kill some guy called Bone Head. His minions are no big deal, but he's got a really powerful shield. I can just about manage to get rid of that but his general stamina is twice as strong. Made worse that whatever gun he's got can wipe my shield out in one shot :(

One cool bit though was that the previous boss I fought was a proper battle, his skag things took me by surprise and it ended up me using the 'Fight for your life' to kill him. Picked up a couple of decent weapons for my trouble, but now I really need to level up to beat Bone Head

I toyed with going her after seeing Jeff play as her on Giant Bomb. I went for the soldier though, he's not massively interesting and it's going to take a lot of work to make his turret useful, but he'll get there. It's giving me health and ammo at the minute, now I need to make it more powerful, I'm probably going to spend my next 2 skill points on it.

Went off and found some other missions, and got myself the TK Wave which seems pretty awesome. As does the assault rifle I've picked up, although it's got shit clip capacity it's easily my most powerful rapid fire gun. Got another 'normal' mission to do, and a slightly harder one, before I might have to head back and try to beat BH. I've worked out why he managed to wipe out my armour, and I can do the same to him... when I hit level 13 and can use the awesome sniper rifle I picked up ages ago but still cant use <_<

It is really addictive though, I need to go to the shop but all I want to do is stick it back on and kill dudes

I won't be, its deffinatly a keeper.

I tried a little bit of co-op with a GTM'er earlier. We had no lag with two of us atleast so its nice to see that atleast it works, I usually like to check the items I pick up but knowing someone else is about I would just grab everything and check it later. You know hes doing the same.

I thought this would be geared towards co-op like Left 4 Dead but you can have just as much fun on your own, more at your own pace too but on co-op it feels more like a modern take on Gauntlet. You're doing the exact same thing on your own as you are on multiplayer but the game feels so different. Strange.

Really enjoyed this game this afternoon, one snag unless ive done something wrong is when i play co-op with my mates this afternoon we gave it a break to play some forza went back and my stats etc where still there only level 6 but still, and his where re-set to zero?? did i do something wrong with the save or setup? he used his usual gamertag on my xbox etc..

The save system is fucking bizarre in this. I started really making sure I hit markers, but still if I needed to restart because the game glitched (which has happened a couple of times) then I'd end up back at town. I've had it where I've beaten a mission and got half way through the next, turned off, loaded up and had to redo the mission and a half again. A simple quick save a la Fallout is all it would have taken.

I'll admit I was getting a bit tired of the game before. The missions were shit, I was just wandering around the same areas, resorting to mowing things down in the car out of lazyness. But I've just done a mission where I fought 2 huge elemental Skags. Bit spammy the way to beat them but it was good fun.

One thing that's really getting on my tits is the spawning enemies near your town. You drive past and they appear, stop and kill them then head to town. Once you get to town you can see them appear on your map again. Once you've hit a certain level they should just fuck off, you dont need the exp from them and they're too weak to drop anything good

Incidentally Wiivo, mines a rental

Anyone still playing this?

I underestimated how big the game is. The land mass doesn't seem all that, but the sheer number of hours is reasonably mighty.

I've come across some aliens, not sure if people knew about them coming in, so I've spoilered. I also beat Mothrakk, which if a giant version of those flying things. He's a twat purely because of the damage he deals and how hard it is to hit him. I got slaughtered by him, then when I respawned near the car place he was ready waiting to bomb the shit out of me. I ended up hiding under cover to recharge my shield, then popping out to hammer him with my sniper. A bit cheap, but bar Sledge, of the uber-shotgun, I've had to resort to cheap stuff to beat pretty much all of them.

Weapon wise i've got a lightning gun thing which is really powerful (99x8) but has shocking accuracy and needs to recharge. A triple fire Rocket Launcher, it's less powerful than my other RL (282 - 480) but it potentially hits 3 times and has loads of splash damage. I've also got a few really powerful revolvers, and a bunch of shotguns that I cant really tell apart. They've all got strengths or elemental effects that make me want to keep them, but the most interesting ones generally are the weaker.

My favourite weapon though is actually my weakest. It's an SMG that does 29x4 damage, but it fires so quickly it just mows people down. It might be nearing the end of its run though, there was a dude who stood up to it a little too well for my liking

Get on it Edward, it gets awesome. I'm going to have to buy this. Aint no way it's getting finished before friday, and I do want to finish it. It'll have to be when it's cheapish though, I'm not sure I really fancy the second playthhrough, and I dont fancy doing the same stuff with a second character

Just got an awesome revolver though. It's in the 100s for power, actually a bit lower than my other one, it's scoped, and even better it fires an explosive vapour trail behind it. The trail passes through enemies, so if you cant get to their weapoint because they're armoured then the trail will pass through and do extra damage. Could do with a few more guns like this. I got a shotgun that fires rockets, they still count as shotgun shells though weirdly. Anyway it's insanely powerful, scoped, but it's accuracy is only 50%, so it misses everytime from distance and the vast majority of times at point blank, which makes it pretty useless

I started this tonight, and am pretty impressed by it. I love the look of it, very stylish. I've gone for the soldier, currently level 7, and my two weapons of choice at the moment are the Lady Finger and GGN9 Long Sniper. I don't know how good they are, but I'm managing well with them up at the moment. I haven't used the turret yet.

I've had a good time with it so far, although I attempted the Bone Head mission and can't quite get him at the moment. The bad thing is, I ran away from a Badass Psycho, and it followed me right back to the town where I thought I was safe. I then died, respawn and he's there every time. I managed to leg it past him though, and am now doing another quest for TK Baha (TK's Life and Limb). I'm hoping to level up a bit before I go back to Bone Head. It's good though, but I do get a bit annoyed at the respawning enemies. And I haven't come across a vehicle yet.

Started this last night, same time as Ed i think.

Played it a bit too much, im level 15 and 27% through already!

I really like enjoying it atm , it reminds me of a typical MMO, what puts me off so far tho, all weapons, enemies n areas all seem the same, only things different are the stats.

I thought this be a game i would keep but i probably sell it once i hit 1000

That bone head mission was a pain, amount of $ i lost coz of respawns.

Done it in the end with 60 headshots with a sniper ¬_¬ Took some time..

Borderlands Receiving a Patch Tomorrow

Written Thursday, October 29, 2009 by Jason Debelyak

Gearbox Software has announced that they will be releasing a patch for their title Borderlands tomorrow to help correct a few issues. The patch will only be available for the Xbox 360 version, though we're sure the same patch will reach the PS3 and PC soon enough. The patch is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (October 30th) at approximately 2 am CST. The following issues are being addressed in the patch:

* Fixed a bug which caused players and other things in the world to appear incorrectly on clients in networked games.

* Fixed a bug in which players gibbed in arena combat disappeared.

* Fixed a bug which caused the dollars counter to spin continuously.

* Fixed a bug that caused the digger elevator to be unusable after completing the Find Tannis mission.

* Weapon mapping to the D-pad should no longer reverse left and right.

* Various localization and other text and tooltip corrections.

* The introductory quests with CL4P-TP should now always progress properly all the time.

* Lilith's Phase Strike ability now works as intended.

* Load times have been improved.

It's good to see that Gearbox is already putting effort into making their highly-regarded title even better, even though itwas just released a week ago. Hopefully the commitment for the title will continue.

You should have a vehicle by now. There are garages dotted about with a post and a console on it, if you check it you can spawn them in.

I have vehicles available now, but only after I finished the Bone Head mission. I'm level 10 (edit: 11 now) thanks to doing the T.K. Bara side quests, and managed to defeat Bone Head easily. Anyone else stuck should definitely go and explore beforehand, and do those T.K. missions.

I'm totally loving Borderlands at the moment. I've spent the last couple hours just doing those T.K. Bara missions, at really quite a slow pace, just taking everything in. It looks fantastic. Looting is so addictive too, I have to check everything I can.

This is what I wanted Fallout 3 to be.

How long before you think this game crashes in price? I really want to play it from the start with 3 other people in tow for the full experience, but I don't want to pay full price for it. I also don't want to be playing it on my own either, apart from a bit of mindless wondering to level up maybe.

As far as I know its been selling better than expected, though expectations were low because it was released so close to MW2. I think we have another Batman: AA on our hands and I wouldn't expect a massive discount soon. Thats my prediction for what its worth.

I agree with DifferentClass. It has sold out in quite a few stores from what I've read on other forums, I don't think anyone expected it to sell like it has. I purchased it on a whim and am super glad I did.

I wouldn't worry about playing it on your own either. I haven't touched the co-op, and I don't feel like I'm missing out at all. It's great doing things at my own pace.