passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dante's retro thread

dante76

Suppose I better write something about this as I've been playing this for weeks. And I think thats the problem...

There's nothing wrong with the game, the graphics are good, voice acting great (apart from Fran), I like the combat engine and the licence grid is a doodle to understand. Its just not memorable at all. The plot is slow but well scripted, the monsters and bosses aren't really challenging, and apart from 1 grind session I've only had Game Over twice. Even the summons are pointless. In older FF games, you needed Summons just to get a chance with the bosses, now its just cast Dispel, equip the right accessory, cure yourself and hit a lot. I will finish it but with so many good games on the horizon it will be difficult to stay on target.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

360 counts as retro. Yeah? Checking out the big brick under the tv. I'm so hipster I play with the charging cable attached or something

No real particular gems recently, we all know AC 3 is boring and Dragon Age 2 had a plot once. But gather round for the right wing trump fest that is Cabela Survival. Shadow of some foreign place.

Guns are good and in any game funded and sponsored by the NRA an necessary weapon against pinko liberals ruining our once proud country. USA USA USA!

Or just play on of those on rail light gun games you find at Skegness pier and bring about species extinction.

Very very weird

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Probably the right place...

So before the boxing on Saturday I dug out the ol' N64 for a bash. Apart from the awkward controls and visual crapness on a modern TV the biggest Takeaways were

- I've still got it on MK64

- Turok 2 and Perfect Dark are still really good games. 

Like I love Goldeneye. But PD has so many modes and challenges that it immediately hooked me. 

Turok was just solid fun. Less if the shit jumping from the first and more Dino shooting. 

I played them for quite a bit the next morning. Wife came past tutting that I'd been there all morning. Meant to get some other stuff done ?

So yeah. Retro is fun ?

• 1 month later...

Resi 3. On PS. Despite looking a bit ropey now I still find it such a joy to play. The music is sooo good in these old classics. 

Nemesis is probably the least played out of the Resis for me so it's almost a new game. I think I'll continue, what was a bored curiosity, into a full on playthrough. 

I'm sure there's other things I could be doing tho ??

• 2 years later...

Played some of that beetle racing game on n64, can see why it was well liked, it was good fun, i did the championship on the first 2 difficulties,  the cart doesnt save though, you need a memory card, i have some but they dont work so i ordered one from ebay, no point playing any more till that arrives.