passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Derren Brown

hinn888

Is anybody going to watch this?

Apparently its the first time they ever tried "hypnotizing" over through television

Hes going to play a video and it will effect you like getting stuck in your chair etc.

It looks rather interesting and is on tomorrow but unfortunately im out.

This doesnt quite fit, but here's what i wrote in the tv shows thread

The one thing though, if he did predict the lottery using the method he showed, then 20 odd people would have won it on saturday as the group got back togather to make themselves rich.

My thinking is it was some sort of technology (split screen etc), BUT the lottery isnt the important programme, it's this weeks where he controls people. There was all sorts of odd things about the adverts for the lottery show, then on the explanation show there was odd bits too. for example when he comes on right at the start he starts shouting "No No No", even though no one's touching him or reaching for him. He even goes on about putting people into states of aprehension/fear to make them more suggestable, then showed 2 examples that really didnt have anything to do with what he was doing other than to make the viewer scared/tense and so more suggestable. Also the trailer for fridays one had flashes when he says "stuck" and I think "seat".

So yeah, i think it was bull, but bull designed to set up this weeks show

Bloody solved it. The "no no no no" thing was as he was coming in right? When all the audience was stood up applauding him. Standing up is bad because you need to be stuck to your seat for the next show!

I stand by that the lottery one was a device to get people watching so he could maximise the effect of this show. How do you get people to wacth? Simple, tell them you're going to show them how to predict the lottery.

Also remember on the live one he had a second camera, but never showed the footage from it, surely he would have to prove that there was no tampering, so that must be being saved for something

We're completely derailing the thread but i've already solved Derren Brown so that's ok.

The loss is caused by some lag that I have to have in mixcraft, there's nothing I can do about it. Audacity just doesnt work, and didnt work for Jim either (we're both on Vista). Annoying because short of buying a mac, or audacity releasing a better version, I think it's something that's just going to keep happening :(

Have I been hypnotised by reading this thread?

I dont like derren brown, I used to but now its just become a bit silly, and more and more people are beleiving him which is what I have a problem with. He is a television entertainer and thats it, he does cheap tricks on people who are willing to beleive he is magic....

I like Derren Brown and thats ok, i just think he knows a bit about some stuff we dont and uses it. Thats the technical explanation.

And i like your theory about the applause at the beginning of the lotto show Ben, but i just think he was saying no to the applause.

My theories solid, I'd bet your house on it.

I enjoyed tonights show, it didnt work on me and I spotted all the flashes (well 3 of them, which seemed like all of them) but it was still fascinating. I prefer the explanation behind this stuff rather than the tricks themselves. Things like his speech just before the video where he basically says that if you give in and stay stuck in your chair you're talented and creative (which is flattering) but if you fight it you're a dick and ruining it for everyone you massive bellend.

I was disappointed that the whole thing wasnt live as that invites scepticism. I hope he explains all these properly as the last episode in the series, but i doubt he will

Anyone know anyone that got stuck?

It's all a bit rubbish really.

If he left the lottery one as just the stunt then that would have been cool. Just an interesting trick, but that follow up show was so boring and ruined the stunt. Tonight's one was boring too. He's a magician, where's the showmanship?

He is a master of cold reading though, really convincing. Not a fan of this series but some of his older stuff is fun.