passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Activision thread

Hendo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-04/activision-gives-15-million-sweetener-to-new-cfo-dennis-durkin

Activision Blizzard Inc.’s Dennis Durkin will receive awards worth $15 million as part of his appointment to chief financial officer.

Durkin will get $11.3 million of restricted stock tied to operating income and earnings-per-share targets, and a $3.75 million sign-on bonus, the Santa Monica, California-based company said Friday in a regulatory filing. That’s on top of his $900,000 salary and a $1.35 million target bonus.

This is Durkin’s second stint as CFO. He served in the post for five years until May 2017, when he became chief corporate officer. He returned to the role this week after Spencer Neumann left to take the same job at Netflix Inc. Activision fired Neumann, whose contract barred him from negotiating with other potential employers.

What the fuck? I hope this backfires in their face. I fucking hate Activision. They've flown under the radar because EA have been feeding dicks to the industry and the people that consume from it, but Acti are just as bad.

I’m always shocked by how people are willing to just shrug their shoulders at shitty behaviour but because “it’s business”.

Sure it’s business and it’s what a lot do, doesn’t mean we should just let it without expressing how shit it is and asking for change? Nothing would ever change for the better if everybody just shrugged there shoulders at things being shit. 

Nobody needs to or should be earning that amount of money. It’s just not necessary at all. And it’s this ongoing chasing of greed for ever increasing millions - billions for the same stuff which is ruining a lot of good things in this world and pushing prices higher and higher and ruining the original visions. This goes for movies, cars, games, music, sport etc. Every hobby or interest I have just seems to be getting more and more infected by the business side. And the business side is becoming more and more obvious in my interests. It’s infuriating. 

It's annoying because of how Blizzard have been told to tighten up their shit. I mean $15m is fuck all in the grand scheme of things when ti comes to investing in games because they're expensive to make, but that cash could have been spent giving workers that actually turn out the things making the profit a nice bonus.

24 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

There are businesses that don't indulge in this ridulous greed and its fine to point out when a Publisher is making cuts across it's workforce yet gives bonuses to the execs. 

Some of us just have higher standards. 

Exactly this. 

Its not surprising, no. But to be honest it should be. That type of business shouldn’t be the norm and shouldnt be cast aside as “just business”. 

I do feel for all the workers that lost their jobs and it is despicable that Execs get such huge salaries and bonuses at Corporations around the world.

But, that’s Capitalism and I can’t really see how we’re ever gonna change that kind of culture with these Megacorporations.

It’s not nice but it’s business ?‍♀️

10 minutes ago, Blakey said:

It’s not nice but it’s business 

No, it's not just business.  What happening here is far from business; it's a symptom of a fucked up economy.  And it's this exceptence of what is nothing but greed is why it still goes on.

This is why we might just have to bring the guillotine back. 

Completely agree @DifferentClass but I feel powerless to do anything about it.

Pretty much all of us live all our lives relying on Corporations for pretty much everything, it’s capitalism.

I don’t like it as much as you do but there’s not really much we can do to stop the humungous money spinner Corporations doing pretty much what they want and always putting money and profits above people, it’s a business, it’s what it’s built to do, however greedy that may be.

It is one of the huge failings of capitalism. People increasingly don’t matter, profits and money come first.