passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Jet Set Radio Future

dante76

So the last of the XBox games is this. Havn't played it before. It has a reputation for being good.

:huh:

Its like being with your dad at a nightclub, trying so hard to be cool and street. The music is either annoying or good, which can be summed up by the bad Bis "Sugar Sugar Candy Pop etc etc etc"

The levels are either a doddle or bizarre with no real pointers as to where to go and the controls are overtly simplistic. Oh well. Its PS2 games after this.

Whats the point in spending time programming pedestrian's to run out of the way when there's no punishment or reward for hitting one?

Still, it looks nice. ;)

You miserable bastard, how can you not love this game? if it is a dad in a night club then it is a dad who I think is genuinly cool, the soundtrack is a bit hit and miss I guess but it all ties with the game nicely.

Navigating is a bit of an arse but there is enough moves to make the journeys interesting, doing moves is simple but getting to some of those hard to reach places really isn't.

I wish I could go through Jet Set Radio Future again, either of them really, I miss them. :(

• 1 year later...

I've been playing this loads lately, it's still cool as fuck. Fuck knows what Dante was on about unless I'm out of touch.. which is likely.

It's loads of fun exploring these levels by doing trendy things like grinding on ad boards and stuff; but there is a problem. I don't remember it having such bad frame rate problems. I don't know if it's shit 360 emulation or it was always this bad, it can't have been, we would have noticed, so I blame the shitty 360.

Some parts (99th street especially) are unplayable.

So the last of the XBox games is this. Havn't played it before. It has a reputation for being good.

:huh:

Its like being with your dad at a nightclub, trying so hard to be cool and street. The music is either annoying or good, which can be summed up by the bad Bis "Sugar Sugar Candy Pop etc etc etc"

The levels are either a doddle or bizarre with no real pointers as to where to go and the controls are overtly simplistic. Oh well. Its PS2 games after this.

Whats the point in spending time programming pedestrian's to run out of the way when there's no punishment or reward for hitting one?

Still, it looks nice. ;)

yeah i found this, got utterly lost at one point and stopped playing it

still as my first introduction to the xbox when it came bundled with this and sega rally it was pretty sweeet

• 9 years later...

Ive been wanting to replay this for a while, was hoping it’d be made backwards compatible with the Xbox one but that never happened. Anyway got some component cables for some old consoles including the Xbox so I could use it on the main tv. The disk tray doesn’t work too well anymore but a paper clip sorts it out. Been really impressed with how ps2/wii/Xbox look via component, previously via scart on my older tv they looked terrible.

anyway the game is so far pretty similar experience to playing the first game again, it looks and sounds amazing for the most part, although it’s probably not quite as cool as the first one. and I am still enjoying it, and occasionally I pull off a really cool move and it’s amazing, but generally the gameplay isn’t as good as I remember, it’s less frustrating than the first one in some ways, the enemies aren’t as annoying, but the controls can be frustrating and it’s often difficult to work out where you’re supposed to go next. So far my conclusion is that the game with the best jet set radio gameplay is sunset overdrive. I should replay that, and guess I should try hover at some point too - I was really put off that by the mention of stealth missions.