passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sonic 4

DANGERMAN

Supposedly this is only going to be 400 points. On some of the leaked screens, that was the price, so it might just be place holder or something. It wouldn't surprise me, especially considering the same leaked screenshots showed that the game only has 4 worlds (I guess that's what the 'Episode 1' means).

• 2 weeks later...

From CVG.

Sonic's happy animal friends could be set to appear in episodic series, Sonic the Hedgehog 4, if comments made by Sega's Takashi Iizuka are anything to go by.

When asked by Game Informer if Tails and Knuckles will be appearing in Sonic The Hedgehog 4, Iizuka is reported to have replied, "fans will be very pleased with the cast in Episode 2."

In the same interview, Iizuka also explained his reasons for including a homing attack, saying, "I wanted the user to enjoy an easy-to-play feeling by the attack sequence that this allows, and find the fun routes in the air."

We also learn that those who collect all the emeralds will get a cliffhanger ending for Episode 2. Will that feature Sonic's friends as well?

Ah, it all starts going downhill. Episode 3 and Cream returns.

Also, saw this the other day. :D

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

• 3 weeks later...

Lurking on rllmuk, and they're currently ripping it apart from some leaked footage. I dare say it's got to the point where people are having more fun taking the piss than they would if the game turned out how they wanted - that is, that they don't want a "return to form" Sonic game at all.

Having said that, this is one of the contentious points, a mine cart level - make your own mind up about it.

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v5.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=256zsyr&s=5">

I don't think it looks all that bad but it's certainly not what I think of when they said this was going back to the classic games, and calling it Sonic 4 too.

I commend them for mixing up the gameplay a bit, but that looks shit. Do tilting with the next iphone sonic or something, dont stick it on the triggers. Also the mine cart level on master system sonic 2 was awful, almost as bad as the hang glider level that came after it, this actually looks worse. Hopefully the rest of its better though, everything else ive seen of it looks pretty good

God, this game looks like it's going to be an unmitigated failure at what it's trying to be and evoke feelings of. SEGA are just unbelievably incompetent it's ridiculous.

That mine cart level looks hideous. The physics are atrocious for one, and the gameplay mechanic is hardly hot in the first place. Even the normal 'classic' style gameplay looks bad. :(

• 1 month later...

Mad Gear Zone - Act 2

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hATnPlD854&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hATnPlD854&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hATnPlD854&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Love the old sound effects, unsure what to make of the rest at the moment though.

Wow, that's basically Metropolis Zone from Sonic 2, to the point of having the exact same enemies and features and colour scheme. They couldn't come up with a new idea in 18 years?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they're actually responding to the criticism so far?

SEGA has decided to "extend the development of" Sonic the Hedghehog 4: Episode 1. The download game will now be released in "late 2010" instead of this summer.

The publisher also announced that the retro 2D revival will be coming to iPhone and iPod Touch as well as XBLA, PSN and WiiWare.

"The additional time will allow the Development Team to focus on ensuring overall high quality throughout the game by continuing to tune, balance, and maintain the kind of polish that an important title like this demands, and ultimately providing fans with an unrivalled classic Sonic feel," says the press release, which you can find at the SEGA Europe blog.

Yeah, this is SEGA, they're probably on the creepy Sonic fan forums who like Sonic fan fics and are actually in love with Sonic. They'll be telling them to add more friends. And a shit plot. And humans. And shitty hub worlds. Plus fishing levels.

Yeah, this is SEGA, they're probably on the creepy Sonic fan forums who like Sonic fan fics and are actually in love with Sonic. They'll be telling them to add more friends. And a shit plot. And humans. And shitty hub worlds. Plus fishing levels.

ye of little faith..

ye of little faith..

This is SEGA and the Sonic franchise we're talking about. Both are pretty incompetent, and combined, disasters beckon.

ye of little faith..

This is SEGA and the Sonic franchise we're talking about. Both are pretty incompetent, and combined, disasters beckon.

Fair enough Sonic hasn't been great for years. But i think SEGA have been on excellent form recently. Nothing shocking springs to mind and in the last two years alone they've released stuff like Bayonetta, House of the Dead Overkill, Madworld, Outrun Arcade, Afterburner climax, yakuza and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there is other great games in there as well.

• 4 months later...

New video. His legs look weird when he's running. I hate to be that guy that points out stupid little things that look wrong, but.....yeah.

Otherwise it looks pretty good.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>