passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Batman Arkham Asylum

DANGERMAN

Yeah, I finished it a couple nights ago. Game of the year so far, for me. I traded it in earlier though, never went back for the remaining riddles or the challenge mode. I was satisfied with what I played and was happy to leave it at that. Awesome game.

Currently in the Botanical Gardens (looks so similar to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens its actually quite scary, only difference is theres no Gargoyles in the Birmingham one), trying to fight The Jokers 'roided up Goons. Struggled enough against Bane, now I've got two of them to fight?

Currently in the Botanical Gardens (looks so similar to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens its actually quite scary, only difference is theres no Gargoyles in the Birmingham one)

pfff, I've seen Brummie women before

Oi!!what you saying about my missus....

Free Batman DLC dated, detailed

Eidos has dated and detailed the Insane Night Map Pack for Batman: Arkham Asylum, following an announcement-spoil by the in-game news ticker last week.

Due Thursday, the pack bundles two extra Challenge Maps and is free to download. All three versions - PC (out Friday), PS3 and Xbox 360 - receive the gift.

Inside the Insane Night Map Pack are Totally Insane and Nocturnal Hunter scenarios. The first tests Batman's straight-up fighting ability, while the latter needs a stealthy, unseen approach.

Bugger, Hinn already posted this in Download News. Oh well, free stuff is always worth mentioning twice.

This game is superb! ive only been playing for the last 2 hours and where did the time go, couldn't believe it was 10pm already! this is staying in the xbox until ive at least completed the game, some of the jokers one liners are well scripted and funny in places! right off to sleep then work then batman!

This game for me is how a game really should be made! its just superb, yes it has a couple of camera issues, and some of the levels re-invent themselves, the one was tough the second time round! trying not to give anything away, but im about 45% in according the game.

For those that have completed it, is the percentage for the whole game?? or everything else, riddles and challenges etc... if not then bring on the other 65%!!

This game for me is how a game really should be made! its just superb, yes it has a couple of camera issues, and some of the levels re-invent themselves, the one was tough the second time round! trying not to give anything away, but im about 45% in according the game.

For those that have completed it, is the percentage for the whole game?? or everything else, riddles and challenges etc... if not then bring on the other 65%!!

To 100% the whole game you have to have the game complete, all the riddles, spirit of Arkham and all the challenges need to be 3 starred on one save slot. Go Manicm!

WOW!!

So i dont really want to read through the entire thread because i am loving the story of this game and don't even want the smallest thing spoiled for me.... but wanted to post up some more love for this awesome title.

After waiting a painful two days for this to finish downloading off Steam last week i finally got to play it and can't think of a single game i have enjoyed more.

I love the intro.... the suspense.... it reminded me of the first time i ever played half life as you go through the science centre and just become absorbed in this world.

The attention to detail is also outstanding. The sounds, animations, character design and progression. I absolutely love it.

The challenges from the DLC are great fun too as a pick up and play.

I think the only difference between the xbox and PC version is PhysX which causes the frame rate to slow down a bit here and there. It doesn't seem to add that much either other than paper flying around and the ground / walls smash up a bit when you slam someone into them.

Seeing as a game like crackdown or even GTA allowed this type of environment interaction WITHOUT hammering the CPU's too much i think that the whole PhysX inclusion is utter bullshit and just a way for Nvidia to market their new graphics cards and that it really doesn't add anything to the game whatsoever.

I really hope they include a few more bits of DLC even if they charge for it. I haven't finished this yet but i know that i would love to play a few more missions here and there in different settings.

10/10 game making though.

I wish more titles would be presented in such high quality.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It is a bit good isn't it?

How did this game happen? A dev with only one other game to its name manages to make a excellent looking game with varied and fluid gameplay and ties it up with a deep game world and fantastic voice work. I think some soul selling went one here.

Double gushing.

I was aware that most people liked this and many picked it as their game of the year but I really didn't think I would end up loving this game as much as I do. I'm even playing it on hard and getting stuck occasionally but it isn't making me throw a strop and leaving it, I still can't put the pad down.

I'm not gonna play demos as much now because there have been a few games where the demos have turned me away from a game that I was on the fence about, only to try the full game later down the line and it winning me over, stupid demos.

I think I might need to reavaluate my games of the year, Batman is tickling those same senses as Brutal Legend and Mass Effect. Probably one of my games of the generation rather than just 2009.

I went through the thread and didn't notice the bit I'm stuck on.

Can anyone remember after beating killer Croc how you get to the Bat Cave? The route I used the first time is blocked by Poison Ivy's trees and I can't find another route.

And I liked the Killer Croc fight, it wasn't imaginative but I think it was as tense as it was ever going to be. Obvioulsy Scarecrow was awesome but I think it needed to be said again.

This game is fucking amazing!

Having only played the demo until a few days ago, I was a bit wary of the hype, but having now played the full game, I can see where it came from! It's just so much fun, and the atmosphere it creates is amazing, Mark Hamill really is brilliant as the Joker. The combat system is great too, more based on timing than remembering stupid combos. What an amazing feeling you get when you're in full battle flow, and kicking the shit out of the enemies. Quality :ph34r:

I think I'm about half way through it now, and I really, really don't want it to end...

Like Ed earlier in the thread, it reminds me of Resident Evil 4 and Metroidvania, which is a VERY good thing. I think it's just the feeling of exploring the island and it's maps that make it feel like Resi 4, and exploring all the cubby holes and secret areas. So good.

Done. Finished. Fiendish plan foiled.

I'm not sure about the ending, the story was mostly pretty strong I thought but it gets a bit plot-holey. I still really enjoyed it though, I was actually really sad to see it finish which I don't think I've done before. Still, plenty of Riddler stuff to sort out. Can't wait for the next Batman game. :)