passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fable III announced

Hendo

• 5 weeks later...
In the box, you'll get the game (obviously, derr), a pack of Fable III playing cards, a big Guild Seal coin with good and evil sides and some exclusive DLC.

Here's the list of content in full, the physical bits of which you can see in the unboxing video right here.

* A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.

* Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.

* “Fable III” playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in “Fable III,” including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.

* Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.

* A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.

* One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your “Fable III” adventures.

Microsoft and Lionhead are launching a Fable III viral game for smartphones called Kingmaker this Friday, 1st October, and the rewards will be usable in Fable III.

That's according to an advert in the latest Xbox World magazine (thanks CVG) and the official website for Fable III Kingmaker.

The ad text explained that the tyrant king's Royals and the revolutionary Rebels are fighting for control of Albion and that the battle "has spilled onto the wretched streets of Great Britain!"

It sounds as though you will use a smartphone app to plant virtual flags and claim power-ups in real-world locations. These acts will earn gold coins which can be transferred into Fable III when it launches in late October on Xbox 360.

Interesting idea. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The app is mostly pointless except for making you some extra gold ready for when the game comes out. You plant up to 10 flags per day, 50 gold each I think.

It tells you what you're current balance will get you and what's costs a little more to encourage you to keep going. There's bonus treasure to find but you have to be within 50 metres of a flagship GAME shop, basically. I would've hoped for some more interesting locations like Stonehenge or something, but no, it's all very corporate and they're all GAME stores. The nearest one to me in the Trafford Centre in Manchester. Stupidly, I think the treasure was limited to the first 100 or so people to get there as well.

I tried this round a friends and he just whacked them all on the same spot if he wernt planning to go anyway. 50 gold per flag, may as well.

Its just one of those things were you need more people to use it, its quite boring otherwise.

My friend got automatically assigned to the rebels but hes is living in enemy territory.

I claimed two territories for the royals yesterday and three treasures, means I'm around 12000

How are you getting all the treasures?

I'm up to 4000 gold at the moment, just by planting flags, also for the royals.

What can you get with your current cash?

Buy it new incentive:

Microsoft has also today announced that every new copy of Fable III will be packaged with a one-time-use Xbox Live download code that will grant access to the following exclusive content:

* Raise Dead Potion - Call forth undead minions to your aid

* Slow Time Potion - Extend battle time for more attacks

* Scot Male Hero Outfit or the Scot Female Hero Outfit - For the fashionably conscious, try them on and keep them

* Highlander Tattoo Set - perfect for a hero or heroine looking to get inked

* Red Setter Dog Skin - Transform your faithful furry companion into a whole new breed

Source

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cfw3Jjyj9M?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cfw3Jjyj9M?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cfw3Jjyj9M?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>