passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fable III announced

Hendo

Remember when Jonathon Ross let the cat out of the bag early this year? Now he says:

Fable III officialy announced so I can now reveal I play Barry, a junior accountant needed in one of the quests.

But then in reply to someone else he says:

I am going to be in it but I do not play an accountant :) That was jokes.

Hmmm.

'I play Bawwy, a junior accountant needed in one of the quests' <looks at camera whilst audience laughs>

Hes a funny one is that Jonathon Ross. I can see him being some kind of talking animal, like a dog or something.

• 2 months later...
When Peter Molyneux announced Fable 3 at this year's GamesCom, he spent a good 40 minutes subtely hinting that the title would support Natal. If you were following our live blog of it back then, surely you would have known this. To quote myself... "He's not out and out said it, but I can't help but get the feel that he's suggesting it will use Natal."

Well the inevitable happened today as Peter Molyneux confirmed that Fable 3 will support Natal in his games lecture in central London this evening.

The reports started dropping on Twitter a few hours back with Eurogamer's Johnny Minkley confirming the inevitable; that Fable 3 will "support Natal." One tweet even quotes Molyneux as saying, "we'd be pretty stupid not to use natal in Fable 3."

So then... act surprised. Don't expect it to be a fully enabled Natal game though, I think that much is clear, but expect Natal "support." Molyneux even joked that it could feature a faeces simulator. Ha, now that would start a bit of a shit storm... literally and figuratively. We're extremely interested to see how this is going to pan out. We're all for innovation.

• 3 months later...

Bizzump

It turns out the reason we're all going to be angry about Fable III (according to Molyneux early this week) is that there's no health bar

In a video interview earlier this month, Molyneux said players would be “pissed” to hear about one of Fable III’s features. What’s the scoop? There’s no health bar, he said. In fact, there’s no heads-up display elements on the screen at all.

“Look at the screen!” Molyneux gushed, gesturing at the monitor like Vanna White. “It’s completely clean! Why do we need the fucking health bar?”

Instead of having a bar to show the player’s remaining health, Fable III will take cues from action games, not RPGs, and have environmental graphic changes that show that you’re close to death.

Is anyone angry about this, I know my rage is making it hard to type?

Ahh Hulk.gif, is there nothing you cant do?

I tell you what he can do. SMASH

He probably can't visit china shops.

Back to Fable. Sounds like its for the sake of doing something different. I can't see what end benefit it has to the player TBH.

Not that big a thing is it?

There's been rather a divisive response to Peter Molyneux's revelation that Fable III will be ditching an in-game HUD and eschewing the traditional levelling up for a system that measures your influence rather than how much XP you vacuum up on your travels.

Also pirate clothes will be staying

med_Fable_3_5.jpg

Peter Molyneux has confirmed that Fable III will feature a new continent entirely seperate from Albion with a new race of inhabitants.

Speaking to IncGamers at X10, Molyneux revealed the news when asked about areas and races outside the confines of Albion, responding with the simple response, "yes, it will have new races and a whole new environment."

Known as Aurora, the new continent marks the first time the Fable III series has ventured beyond the borders of Albion, if you don't count Knothole Island, which was still technically Albion anyway.

Fable III will be out in time for the holiday season.

• 4 weeks later...
Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux has given a brief description of working with Natal for Fable III.

Speaking at GDC, Molyneux said: "Natal is wonderfully adaptive to this experience. I can't give you specifics, but it's been a real joy to put some Natal stuff in there."

The developer also announced that John Cleese will be providing the voice of the butler throughout the game.

Fable III will see you take control of a Dickensian kingdom and is set for release sometime before Christmas.

John Cleese and Wossy confirmed, now all they need is Stephen Fry and I'll be balls deep in this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise! Fable III will have episodic DLC.

Peter Molyneux has revealed plans to release downloadable "episodes" for Fable III post-launch.

"I've often thought it would be brilliant to be walking through Charles Dickens' London. It was such a dark place and very episodic too – so we're doing that with Fable III," he told bit-tech.

"We'll give you the first big episodes, and you'll be able to download new episodes, which is analogous to the way Dickens wrote."

Talking about how the content will be offered, he added: "Some of the shops in Albion are linked to the internet and every so often populated by stuff from Lionhead. You don't have to go out to some horrible dashboard and download the Armageddon Pack 5."

Fable III is due out this autumn. So far Molyneux's talked about Touch and about becoming King, but apparently there's still one secret left to unveil, presumably at E3.

Whether that will be how Natal works with the game we'll have to wait and see.

"You still need a controller to play Fable III but there are places in the world where you can use Natal, where it's cute, funny, engaging. You don't need it but it does enable an enhanced Fable III, " Molyneux told bit-tech.

I really cant wait for this BUT i do hope the first big episode is priced correctly - i dont want to be paying £40 for a game that is half as long as it should be, only to be stiffed for DLC that should have been part of the main game in the first place, but that beef isnt anything new.

Still, t0000000t at Fable 3. Come to papa.