passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

'Splosion Man [XBLA]

David

This is really good and well worth the 800 points. Played the first 5 levels or so. The controls are tight, and it looks good. It's funny as well, and the achievements are :lol: . Free gamerpics, themes, and I believe avatar content as well. 'Splosion Man runs around screaming Arnie lines such as 'GET TO THE CHOPPER' and everything.

I hear it gets quite difficult though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played the trial and i wernt too sure at first but i decided to give it ago, and im quite enjoying it, i still love his manic laughing and what made me laugh when you play up scientists they turn into steaks. :D

The multiplayer is great as well. If enough of us get it, we can have amazing 4 player sessions through 50 LEVELS. I can see it getting very hard as well, there's lots of synchronised jumps and things.

Yea gta try the multi out, be awesome with 4 of us, theres 3 of us with it now isnt there?

Also found out, u get:

gamerpic #1 - complete mission 1-4

gamerpic #2 - complete mission 1-4

premium theme - complete the game

No idea how to get avatar stuff.

I'm enjoying this, it's really compulsive. It's a good job there's 100 levels though as non of them seem very long. The only thing that's annoyed me is that i was killed by a robot twice because he knocked me against a wall, then hit me again before i could recover which seemed a bit cheap

The name of the achievements that have popped up so far have been genius, the scientist one being my favourite so far

Has anyone taken it online yet? Started off fine but then went unplayable thanks to good old Mr Lag :angry:

It looked like it was going to be pretty fun though and I am enjoying single player even though it did take me 27 minutes to kill the first boss...

Played it online with 3 other people, likes lag so we can never time the jumps at the same time, its better to play it with 2 players, 4 players is just the same but with more to synchronise with.

I got the 2nd gamerpic and just stopped there, im gna try it local so i can get the most out of it.

It looked like it was going to be pretty fun though and I am enjoying single player even though it did take me 27 minutes to kill the first boss...

I'm stuck on him too, the missiles are easy, but the 2nd laser gets me everytime :(

Done the very next turn (here's how)

use the wall to explode, jumping over the lasers

I had a quick go on this earlier before work, just did the first four levels, and it's real good fun. The controls feel tight and pure, in an old-skool kind of way. It's very reminiscent of the 2D Sonic games at times. I'm not overly keen on the graphics, but they don't get in the way of the gameplay.

This is hard. didn't have many problems until after the boss. Then it just turn into me saying obscenities at that little orange bastard that, although he can explode, can't take getting the soles of his feet wet. Those laser shooting ships can fuck off as well.

Good game though, even though sometimes it like playing one of those Mario levels that is set up to kill you every inch of the way.

done 1-16 now, first boss got a bit tedious i thought, but i liked how when u explode, the light reflected of his face.

1-11 however i didnt complete, coz i dno how :huh: but if u die enough times u can skip the level. im so proud.

Really? I'm very impressed, especially with the attention to detail, like the reflections in the background.

I'm not sure, I think it's the overall shininess. The graphics are very good, I'm just not mega keen on the art style. It is well suited to the game though, I'm just being picky. ;)