passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

'Splosion Man [XBLA]

David

I finished it tonight, just in time so my attention can move to Shadow Complex.

At the start I loved it then halfway through things went bad, I'm sure there is some unfair sections there which push really press the wrong buttons. one of two things happened from the start of stage 3 onwards, it either got fairer or you get in the games flow and things that you were struggling with become second nature. I will give it its dues for keeping a simple gameplay concept original throughout, there was quite alot of variety in the puzzles and platforming.

It really is the love/hate game, I really struggled to truly hate it after the ending too, I loved that.

Got me my first premium theme aswell. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, love/hate thing.

As much as this game frustrates me i was just in the mood to play it this morning so i went on a cake hunt. It still frustrated the fuck out of me with Splosion Mans unpredictable mid air responses to my directional input and powerful/non powerful splosions chosen at random but even now i want to play it again.

Fucking game.

• 4 weeks later...

I am REALLY enjoying this. I do seem to get rather sweaty and sweary while playing it though, had to start getting naked earlier as I was getting to hot and bothered, lol. Hugely stressful but I love that there are no button clicks to have another go when you die, its straight back into the action. I think this is my favourite XBLA game so far, draws me back again and again. I think it is the fact that they have stuck to a few ideas and then used them in clever ways to make some fantastic puzzles/platformy bits that makes it so addictive. I know what to do almost all of the time, it is just doing it. Annoying when its just one button to press...

• 1 year later...

Capcom has no shame!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOWlwo9dXh8?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOWlwo9dXh8?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOWlwo9dXh8?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"MaXplosion gameplay video makes me sad," tweeted Twisted Pixel programmer Mike Henry. "If you're going to outright steal a game, you should at least understand what makes it fun."

And then, in a later tweet: "Borrowing is great. Hell, we do it all the time. But that game is a complete theft."

Twisted Pixel co-founder Michael Wilford also took to Twitter to voice his concerns.

"Not sure what to say about MaXplosion," he said. "Pisses me off. Guess we're just gonna have to make a better iPhone game than them. Shouldn't be hard."

Then, "Best part is, we originally pitched @Splosion_Man to Capcom and they said no."

He added: "I'll always love Capcom bc of what they brought to my childhood, but WTF have they turned into? First they lose Inafune, now this."

That's not even trying to do something even slightly different with it!

Twisted Pixel basically can't do anything because they haven't got the funds to take Capcom to court.

They did this sort of thing all the time in the early days, shameless Pacman and Galaga clones and stuff.

But it just looks plain shitter to anyone that played 'Splosion Man so it won't be that successful for them. I can't believe they actually set it in a science lab.

• 6 months later...
Free Prologue to Ms. Splosion Man (for Splosion Man)

This new level is available FREE as a Prologue to Ms. Splosion Man. See what happens to Splosion Man after he emerges victorious from his original adventure. See how Ms. Splosion Man is created and what she must do in order to save her beloved from the clutches of those evil scientists at Big Science Labs!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Prologue-to-Ms-Splosion-Man/550acd02-b0e0-419a-8fb8-b76f5f7fcf53