passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Controller or console?

CelShadedDreams

My 360 controller has been acting weird for a few months now and I'm not sure if it's a problem with the controller or the console, and I haven't found anyone with a similar problem.

Basicly my controller's connection to the console is rubbish. It take ages for the console to switch on, it blinks when I have full battery and it disconnects if I'm doing anything demanding like fighting games or fps'. It even acts up on oblivion whenever I encounter an enemy. It's a real pain and makes online play impossible.

I've tried resynching it and that did nothing, and my 360 is steadily getting louder so I'm not sure if it's something at that end.

Anyone know what could be wrong and if there's a solution that doesn't involve buying a new one?

could be the battery, if it's a rechargeable one and a few years old it might be knackered, try putting some standard batteries in it to check maybe?

I used to have standard batteries and it was funny then, I now switch between rechargeable batteries and the rechargeable pack thing which both act funny too.

It only started being weird around christmas, I have no clue what could have triggered it. I haven't dropped it or tossed it around.

You should try using another controller, maybe you could borrow one or steal a second hand one from work, bring it back the next day of course.

Atleast then you'll see where the problem lies, I can't say I've heard of this being a console problem but the 360 is a surprising thing.

Is something running elsewhere? The 360 my dad uses disconnects when other implements are running, especially when the microwave is on.

That's a good point, my boyfriend has his 360 on at the same time as I do... but he has no problems with his at all and you'd think mine might affect his.

Hmmm... at my old place my housemate had a 360 too, then another one of my housemates got one and it started to go funny after that... but both of them were fine.

I'm testing with another controller at the mo, still took ages to turn the console on, but it's not blinking or disconnecting yet.

Definately the console.

Second controller acts up, and the other 360 is fine on the network. Everything is on a different frequency so nothing interferes, we don't have a wireless phone or a microwave so it's not that. Plus my 360 is now playing games off the hard drive at the same level of noise as off the disc.

And to solve it I'm going to steal my boyfriend's wired controller whenever I want to play online until my 360 redrings and I can get a new one.

Yup, might be a good time to find your receipt if it's under a year old. If it isn't, them that drive them brown xbox ambulances will have to come and take it to Germany for surgery.

Just over a year old *sigh*

I got a 20gb premium 2 weeks before the 60gb one came out T_T I was kicking myself for that one back then.

Yup, might be a good time to find your receipt if it's under a year old. If it isn't, them that drive them brown xbox ambulances will have to come and take it to Germany for surgery.

I had a cool UPS worker when mine was returned. He commented one how good for business the Xbox repairs were for UPS.

I've got a similar problem with one of my pads. Both have the rechargeable things in them and the one that doesn't get used as often won't turn on when you dog out, so either it's completely flat or I've recharged it too much in the past, but either way it needs the cable plugged into it to give it some life first.