passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Torchwood - Children of the Earth

Manicm

Anyone else watching this?? it might just be me, but bloody hell its great tele, i know we have a tele thread but thought this deserved its own.

The story so far is well put together and the plots and twist turns etc are great. Tonights was a less action paced as the other two nights but i suppose it is in the middle of a 5 parter, really trying not give anything away to those not seen it yet.

But its just great!!! It feels more grown up than the previous series less gay references and sex jokes and a much more focused and tight storyline, gives the characters more depth and also makes it feel more alive??(prob being daft) first time in ages when ive sat down and not got up for a whole hour, even if i had to play catch up on iplayer this morning due to work shifts!

Mods - feel free to move

Seen the first 2. and I am really enjoying it. The first series was gash, but the second one was an improvement. This seems to be continuing that trend.

I watched the first series, which I really enjoyed, watched the first two episodes of the second series and thought it wasn't as good and didn't bother with it after that.

Wasn't gonna watch this, but we was in bed early Monday night (Charly had done a 12 hour shift and was knackered so we went up at 9) and couldn't find anything else to watch so left it on thought it was brilliant and watched all 3 episodes so far.

Yes, the third one didn't have as much action, but I thought it was better overall, was completely on the edge of my seat through it all, really looking forward to tomorrow night to listen to what Jack has to say about 1965 and where things go from now with the 456.

I've started watching the first episode, first impressions. If aliens are abducting children from Scotland, arent they going to have a disproportionate number of gingers? :unsure:

I really liked the first series of torchwood, it was what Dr Who was always afraid to be. The last few times I've caught it though it's been a neutered kid fest. This storyline too, it could just be from Dr Who on a saturday night, and as already established Who is arse.

Also where did Jack learn to run?

I think Gweff should be banned for derailing this topic.

I caught up with Torchwoon, the sniper in ep 2 is the worst I've ever seen and will be rightfully fired for not killing either of the survivers. wow gold Gap and Baps fires a gun weird, almost as though she's trying to do the special effects herself

Other than that though I quite enjoyed it, it is still more Who-y than I'd like but it's far better than most prime time bbc stuff

I think Gweff should be banned for derailing this topic.

I caught up with Torchwoon, the sniper in ep 2 is the worst I've ever seen and will be rightfully fired for not killing either of the survivers. Gap and Baps fires a gun weird, almost as though she's trying to do the special effects herself

Other than that though I quite enjoyed it, it is still more Who-y than I'd like but it's far better than most prime time bbc stuff

I prefer it like this, because the first series failed to be convincingly adult in most cases, swearing for the sake of it and having WAY too many pointless sex references. The second episode of it in particular with the sex monster was one of the worst things ever. This is far, far better, IMO.

Fair enough, I didnt see that episode, does sound a bit Lexx (Lexx was awesome though). It does show that there's room for a decent mature sci-fi programme on the schedules, and not just an american one stuck on at random points on bbc2

the only mature sci fi program you'll ever need is Battlestar Galatica.

Isn't Tourchwood just Dr Who with swearing and bumming

Thats what series 2 was yes, I thought Series 1 was Doctor Who with more gore :lol: But yeah I really didn't like how Gwen fired that pistol, it was like she was pretending it had recoiled before she'd even pulled the trigger, and I'm sure at one point the camera behind her showed her shooting with her left hand then they cut to in front of her and she was holding it with her right (and stood differently)

Im working late today and bloody early tomorrow so will have to cram day 4 into tea time tomorrow before i watch day 5, why does work get in the way!! Anyone notice how expensive Torchwood is on dvd?? i missed the last 3/4 of the second series still havent picked these up, might get the triple series on blueray next month.

This was good tonight, I'm not going to say much so as not to spoil it for manicm, but it's quite possibly the best episode of Torchwood i've ever seen. The 'bad guys' are a bit nefarious, there's only really one person that seems conflicted, everyone else is very 1 dimensional

I watched this at silly oclock in the morning, and yep on the edge of my seat all through it! really can't wait to see how the round this one off!

Someone at work mentioned this maybe the last series, after all this would be disappointed if it was the end, this week seems to be the big high it should of been from the start!

It does kind of feel like they're finishing Torchwood off though doesn't it? Also, hasn't Jack died more times this week than he has in every previous series of Doctor Who or Torchwood? :lol:

It's like "look, he can die, but he doesn't die, he comes back to life, I'll show you again, and again, and again, and again"

mankind is about to be saved by the power of love if Russel T gets his way.

Incidentally what happened to the rest of Torchwood. I remember a Japanese woman and blond guy who's probably moved on to more successful things.. I thought part of the point of Torchwood was to have some diversity, hence the various ethnicities (one asian) and the homosexulality, this time they didnt even have Martha in it

mankind is about to be saved by the power of love if Russel T gets his way.

Incidentally what happened to the rest of Torchwood. I remember a Japanese woman and blond guy who's probably moved on to more successful things.. I thought part of the point of Torchwood was to have sine diversity, hence the various ethnicities (one asian) and the homosexulality, this time they didnt even have Martha in it

They dies at the end of the 2nd series. I guess they're obviously setting it up so if there is another series, that Lois could join them proper.