Jimbo Xiii

TV Shows

The only two things I remember from the last series is the twist on a couple of characters' relationship, and the bit with the dragon that made me turn to my mate and say, "well, you can't beat that, really, can you?".

On 07/04/2019 at 10:41, shinymcshine said:

Dead Pixels (E4)

Comedy about a trio playing an mmo. It's surprising quite decent. The rant that Meg has to the girl at the bus stop in ep 2 is hilarious.

I watched all six episodes back to back last night, I thought Megs rant at the girl was a bit cringe to be honest.

It was definitely more hit than miss though, enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, Nag said:

I watched all six episodes back to back last night, I thought Megs rant at the girl was a bit cringe to be honest.

It was definitely more hit than miss though, enjoyed it.

The cringe factor was a whole part of it - where Meg's rant outlined her obsession beyond all reason (have you sh*t in a bucket?).

It also came across as a little bit mean... doesn't matter, like I say I enjoyed a lot more than I disliked it.👍

I was a little disappointed by the season opener of GoT. Its weird because ive not been excited about it coming back and I found that super boring.

Spoiler

Ive found the writing a bit dumb and I know they are a little bit pushed for time but the Bran stuff felt very dumb.

'We dont have time for this' but then spends almost 2 days in the exact same spot, whats up with that?

The first episode was always going to be a bit of a build up episode so hopefully it can kick on, but one episode in and its not pulled me back in yet.

I thought it was fine but it does feel like there isn't enough time for them to have an episode where things don't move on 

Although 

Spoiler

John and Danny have arrived back at Winterfell, the ice King is well in to the North, Cersei has her new army, and it looks like the Iron Islands are going to fall. 

Maybe they won't be, but it never occurred to me that the Greyjoys and the Iron Islands will be important. I don't really see how the islands could be, possibly the boats will be used against Kings Landing. I suspect that battle is more likely to be a fight to fill an episode 

We also didn't see the red woman. I can't see her not having a role to play still 

FWIW, I thought it was a really good episode and does get everything lined up for what is coming. I do worry that they are going to compress a lot of stuff into those last 5 episodes (something the last two series have suffered because of) but it is exciting seeing it all coming to a climax.

I do wonder if they'll just end up somehow dumping the Ice King & white walkers on the Iron Islands - since they reinforced the point (again) that they can't get there - hence they can't get off there either (ice dragon aside). Seems odd otherwise why they keep cropping up, cause they're not that strategically important.

The funny thing at the end was

Spoiler

the stare off between Bran & Jamie; where you can imagine Bran thinking, I know what you got up to with your sister, and Jamie thinking, yep but so does half of Westeros....

EDITED BY JIM BECAUSE SPOILERS

Wasn't particularly impressed with this first episode. It wasn't bad, it was fine, but that was as good as it got for me. I didn't really care for last season either, it just feels like fan service/fan fiction now (and I'm saying this as someone who hasn't read the books), you can really see a drop in quality of the writing since they ran out of source material too pull from. 

There were some cool moments, but that was it really. Hoping the rest of the season gets better.

I enjoyed it. Set the scene and let the main players feel each other. Plenty of tension bubbling. 

Spoiler

I particularly liked Jaime's self sacrificing pat on the back face for joining the right cause; to then see Bran and remember what a cock he's been all these years and may likely get his head cut off 😅

I'm waiting on this reveal on Jon's parents. I mean he knows it now but it won't end there. It'll come up and Daenerys will be tested.

It's just good to have it back ☺️

I've seen the run times for the rest of the series. I think this week and next are the usual 50 minutes, then it's 80+ minutes, so you're essentially getting an episode and a half as the series goes on. Smart really, given that there's so few left and potentially some huge fights, they could have one massive battle contained in a single episode without it feeling truncated 

On 14/04/2019 at 11:44, RoboticMonk3y said:

I've been rewatching from the start, we got to the end of season 6 last night.

There's so much foreshadowing that I never caught

I'm on a rewatch. I've just seen Cersei say 

Spoiler

if it wasn't for my children I'd have thrown myself out of the highest window in the red keep long ago

I really enjoyed last season,especially towards the end. I don’t feel the quality has dipped since they ran out of source material. It could have,as I don’t expect the books to be finished any time soon. But they’re still making it well worth watching.

I didn’t love the latest episode,mostly because there’s not a lot that actually happened. Sure,there was some good parts in it,with long awaited reunions between characters. But it was hardly one of the best of the series. 

Still,it will all be kicking off soon enough.

Watched the first new episode of GoT earlier. It was alright, not much happened, but it still seems to be moving quickly to an epic conclusion.

Not all is well in DC Universe's rapidly growing... well, universe.  Hollywood Reporter sources say Warner Bros. Television (part of the service's parent WarnerMedia) has cut its initial order for Swamp Thing from 13 episodes to 10 after running into "creative differences" with DC. It would still debut on May 31st -- DC has provided a teaser, shown below -- but the season wouldn't be as sprawling as originally planned. Both DC Universe and Warner Bros. have declined to comment on the apparent leak.

Hopefully it’s fun like AvED and not serious.

Toxic Avenger > Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing should be Grim Horror though. Which is probably what WB didn't want.

Also, Toxic Crusaders > Toxic Avenger > Swamp Thing😉