Jimbo Xiii

TV Shows

I caught a random episode that was akin to Groundhog Day, which I quite liked.

I caught up on the 2nd series of Fleabag today, and it's still brilliant. It's going to be regarded as a cult classic the way Arrested Development, Black Books and the like are/were.

It's not, so far, as bleak as the first series, but it's more knowingly written, and she's already deconstructing the show's formula. The characters are better now, aside from the husband none of them are as cartoonish, her sister in particular is great this series

Just finished watching Hanna on Amazon Prime. Its really good actually, one of my most enjoyed programmes for ages, really good tone to it and some great performances. Soundtrack is full of Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and it takes place mainly in Germany. 

I’m 5 episodes into killing eve s1. First 3 are great. Then good for two. 

Dead Pixels (E4)

Comedy about a trio playing an mmo. It's surprising quite decent. The rant that Meg has to the girl at the bus stop in ep 2 is hilarious.

My mum just put the new Mickey Flanagan show on and it’s shite. Only 5 minutes in and I might make my excuses and go to bed. It’s about being patriotic or some bollocks and so far it’s just real unfunny casual racism.

I know it’s just a character n that but fucking hell. Garbage. 

On 07/04/2019 at 10:41, shinymcshine said:

Dead Pixels (E4)

Comedy about a trio playing an mmo. It's surprising quite decent. The rant that Meg has to the girl at the bus stop in ep 2 is hilarious.

I watched all six episodes back to back last night, I thought Megs rant at the girl was a bit cringe to be honest.

It was definitely more hit than miss though, enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, Nag said:

I watched all six episodes back to back last night, I thought Megs rant at the girl was a bit cringe to be honest.

It was definitely more hit than miss though, enjoyed it.

The cringe factor was a whole part of it - where Meg's rant outlined her obsession beyond all reason (have you sh*t in a bucket?).

It also came across as a little bit mean... doesn't matter, like I say I enjoyed a lot more than I disliked it.👍

Oh my god this Taiwanese (?) advert is too much

Not all is well in DC Universe's rapidly growing... well, universe.  Hollywood Reporter sources say Warner Bros. Television (part of the service's parent WarnerMedia) has cut its initial order for Swamp Thing from 13 episodes to 10 after running into "creative differences" with DC. It would still debut on May 31st -- DC has provided a teaser, shown below -- but the season wouldn't be as sprawling as originally planned. Both DC Universe and Warner Bros. have declined to comment on the apparent leak.

Hopefully it’s fun like AvED and not serious.

Toxic Avenger > Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing should be Grim Horror though. Which is probably what WB didn't want.

Also, Toxic Crusaders > Toxic Avenger > Swamp Thing😉

In the same way Tales from the Cryptkeeper is Tales from the Crypt.

I’ll re word it. You can’t say a cartoon with a character in it is better than the character that’s in it. 

Coronation Street > Deirdre Barlow > Dot Cotton

In the 80s I used to buy the Swamp Thing comics each month and they were most definitely not comedy. They even used to feature John Constantine before he had his own series (I've still got the first 50 or so original Constantines but my Swamp Things were ironically lost in a flooding from the flat above).

I just heard on a podcast that the DC Universe TV app might be closed down because Warner was bought or merged with something, something. Not a big deal to us, I suppose. We don’t have it, I watched Titans on Netflix. But if it does end up getting shut down or merged with something else I hope they don’t stop making DC centric shows. I ended up really, really liking Titans despite the trailers and apparently Doom Patrol is also very good. 

Anyway, possibly the first casualty of this all streaming future. Which makes sense because exclusively DC stuff is such a narrow road in the broad world of TV.