Jimbo Xiii

TV Shows

So I watched the first episode of Titans. It was ..different, to what I was expecting. To those who grew up with the Teen Titans cartoon, this is not the Live Action equivalent. Yet in certain respects it is, just a lot more visceral. Casting is on point so far, the guy playing Robin in particular, is eerie in his likeness. A subtle level of mystery is given to both Starfire and Raven, without taking away What they are. A positive 8/10

Just got back in to Parks and Recreation, I’m at the end of Season 2. I’ve no idea why I stopped watching it because it’s great.

Parks and Recs is ace, but they put way too much emphasis on Chris Pratt towards the end. At times it feels like the Chris Pratt show.

Started watching the Billy Connolly documentary on iPlayer before work. Really good and nice to see that Parkinson’s hasn’t completely destroyed the man yet.

It shows clips of some of his stand up specials and i’d forgotten how good and hilarious they were. Might have to see if there’s any copies uploaded to YouTube.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Started watching the Billy Connolly documentary on iPlayer before work. Really good and nice to see that Parkinson’s hasn’t completely destroyed the man yet.

It shows clips of some of his stand up specials and i’d forgotten how good and hilarious they were. Might have to see if there’s any copies uploaded to YouTube.

I enjoyed this too.

I like how Billy Connolly had to take to Twitter to confirm that he was still alive and that the show wasn't in memoriam.

Relieved than Billy hasn't died, especially with the death of that other great Scot Sir Andy Murray within the last week.

I mean what the heck is it with all these pre-emptive eulogies? 

I complained to BBC News last year when they dedicated 20 mins of the main news bulletin to a review of Sir Alex Ferguson's career, when there were few actual facts about his medical condition, from which he now seems to have made a recovery.

Likewise Andy Murray only hinted (albeit strongly) towards his retirement, and significant air time has been given to nailing the lid on his career (at least).