passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

That He-Man trailer is excellent. Doesn't look like it will include that rumoured She-Ra crossover (the artstyles are way too different) but I will totally watch this. Pretty much liked every animated Netflix show I've seen so far.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/06/2021 at 04:14, HandsomeDead said:

I think here is the best place to put it; I'm just giving my endorsement to Bo Burnham's latest comedy special on Netflix.  He usually does stand-up but this is a thing made during the pandemic so it's more of a sketch show.

it's definitely the most honest thing made during the pandemic that doesn't try to pretend it isn't, that I've seen at least.  I was surprised how much I liked it, despite feeling attacked by it at times.

I've become a bit obsessed with this. It is probably the best thing I've watched all year. It's funny and challenging, really uncomfortable in places. The production is amazing considering it is him on his own in a room doing absolutely everything. You can tell he is genuinely struggling with "stuff" and a lot of it feels very raw and honest, but it is also fucking hilarious in places as well. 

@HandsomeDead
its almost an art installation, or "art house film" (whatever that means) but, yes, it really is very very good. I'm going to check out his other two comedy specials on Netflix next. I'd never even heard of him before this week (although some of his stuff I'd seen without realising it)

His other stuff is good too.  I just tried his first one on a whim years ago and liked his stuff since.

His second one is a little too about comedy but he's been doing this since he was a teen on early YouTube and broke out from there, and probably the best example of that happening.

Finished Jupiter’s Legacy. I enjoyed it for the most part, surprised by the negative response to it and shame it’s been cancelled IMO. Left on a cliffhanger I would have really liked to have seen continue. Nevermind. 

Only just seen this trailer

I love the Sopranos but this doesn't look like it has the makings of a varsity athlete.. sorry. But I will def check it out, fun trivia that most everyone who watched the original knows is that Ray Liotta was originally supposed to play Tony so it's cool he's in this.

That's Gandolfini's son btw.

Spoiler

Guessing that it will end with them robbing Feech's cardgame, although I was trying to figure out from the trailer if any of the characters involved in that were shown. 

Possibly a spoiler but also kind of expected, here's a look at a certain locale that will feature in S2 of The Witcher:

Spoiler

I think it's cool they went with a real set instead of doing a bunch of CGI. Gloomy interiors like this always benefit from that I think.

Also kudos to them for showing off scenes from the games. During PR for the first season they really went out of their way to bypass them and focus on referencing the books but we all know there wouldn't be a show without the games. Heck even the thumbnail is a screenshot from W3.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally was in the right mood to watch Season 4 of Castlevania. Great way to end the show, it's a significant improvement over Season 3, which wasn't bad but had some big pacing issues due to Isaac's (IMO rather uninteresting) arc. They kind of redeemed that storyline as well by concluding with a very strong sort-of midseason finale that made you feel sorry for one of the most despicable characters in the series.

I also like how they made the big baddy work here in context and despite the foreshadowing early in the season I really didn't see it coming. If I had to find something to criticise, I'd say that I wish they'd used the game's music more. That scene in season 2 is still the highlight for the entire saga for me due to how brilliantly it displays the vampire's fear of the Belmonet name and framing it with a tasteful remix of one of the franchise's most beloved tunes.

The second thing is more spoilerific:

Spoiler

I wish Trevor had died properly. There's already a lot of plot armour here, particularly with how overpowered Sypha was, and I think it would have made for a better, bittersweet ending if they hadn't brough him back.

Other than that this was excellent overall and I'm glad they managed to give it a proper ending because Ellis isn't returnig to, well, anything anytime soon unfortunately.