passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

is it wrong that i disliked Jack Straw as much as Nick Griffin? The whole thing was a certain amount of pots calling kettles black (no pun intended) The MP's having a go at Griffin for lying and putting spin on answers, preceded by them doing the exact same thing.

Also the audience where idiots, asking stupid questions, proceeded by them feeling smug and thinking they have tackled him on a subject he's never been faced with.

The only reason this looked bad for the BNP was down to the fact that Griffin came across as slimy and horrible as people imagine him to be. If he had been charismatic, i really think he would have won some voters over, which is a terrifying position to put him in.

What could you ask him though? I saw Swallow saying that the questions were reductionist, and they were, but what question do you ask the bnp leader? There's a lack of logic in his arguments, and yeah things like bringing up ice age britains aren't particularly subtle, but as I understand it that's a reference to something he said.

It is a problem with QT though, no ones really given the time to form an answer without being jumped on, so it just becomes all about attack

What could you ask him though? I saw Swallow saying that the questions were reductionist, and they were, but what question do you ask the bnp leader? There's a lack of logic in his arguments, and yeah things like bringing up ice age britains aren't particularly subtle, but as I understand it that's a reference to something he said.

It is a problem with QT though, no ones really given the time to form an answer without being jumped on, so it just becomes all about attack

Yeah that was in reference to him talking about Indigenous English people, whatever they are because the majority of modern English people have a heritage that can link them back to the Saxons, Celts, Normans, Vikings etc etc. Also notice how the Leader of the British National Party only ever used the word English? I'm probably reading into that a little too much but something not quite right there.

To be honest our immigration does have to be much stricter than it currently is and if anything I think we should possibly use Australia as an example, where you only really gain entry into the country on a permanent (i.e. none holiday/tourism) basis if you can offer something to society in some manner, the problem is its a very touchy subject and it seems most of the parties are too scared to get strict with it, which isn't really helped by our links to the EU and their "open doors" policy. However, the BNP are going about things in completely the wrong way and are just seeming to offend anyone and everyone.

We have a similar points based system to Australia now though, brought in about 2 years ago iirc. And it is reasonably strict, my mate cant get a visa for his girlfriend to come over so instead he's going back over there.

Also Australia have had to loosen their borders because they are desperate to lower their working age.

It made me laugh last night, Portillo on This Week (on after QT) said we needed a lot more immigration. When you think of some of the policies of the Tory party, hearing him say that is a bit of a surprise

It was shit. I really hate politicians at the best of times, but these guys took the biscuit. Griffon might have been a big twat but the others that were attacking him with little things that were written in the media (which we all know twists half truths and sexes up even the most mundane things to sell papers) were just as bad. Instead of asking serious questions it was more of a mud slinging match. Even the audience were cunts, trying to make Griffin look like a racist isn't hard, normal questions will do that, never mind the baiting that they did. The questions they asked were the equivalent of asking if Brian May uses hair curlers. A wasted opportunity where everyone involved were at the bottom of the evolutionary gene pool.

I really hate politicians, self important tax guzzling useless question dodging cuntholes that they are.

Why though? It's all fake, and I cant see any benefit to being closer to Paul Ross.

Incidentally the Gadget Show did their take on most haunted this week, they 'accidentally' did a pretty good job showing how MH could do it. One of the things they did was have a giant electric coil that can cause interference in your brain (that's not explained very well), I've read the theory of this before, but it was cool to see it in action

Why though? It's all fake, and I cant see any benefit to being closer to Paul Ross.

Incidentally the Gadget Show did their take on most haunted this week, they 'accidentally' did a pretty good job showing how MH could do it. One of the things they did was have a giant electric coil that can cause interference in your brain (that's not explained very well), I've read the theory of this before, but it was cool to see it in action

yeah i thought the same thing. The silent room temp drop was clever.

The only benefit i can see from being close to Paul Ross is it would give you the chance to throw things at him. Shoes, knives, disabled kids and so on and so on.

I think on the quiet the event (certainly

for Morecambe) is less about the spook hunt

& more about proving the Winter Gardens' worth

as a potential venue. In its heyday it was the MEN Arena

of its day. I think it'd be great as something like the

Manchester Apollo, but given its size would need to have more

a multi-functional use.

• 3 weeks later...

Generation Kill finished tonight, it really was an incredible season. Sad to see it go because there doesn't appear to be any signs of a second series (it's based on a book). Typically shitty digital started playing up because of the weather. The adverts would be nice and smooth, then as soon a there was some character interaction it'd start skipping all over the place <_<

Think I might pick up the book at some point, and the dvds too assuming there are some

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...