passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

Yeah that bald guy is an evil bastard. I know, I'll set race relations back about 50 years. <_<

I loved the guy who is convinced that William Shakespeare and Henry VIII were black. He's got a point about Tom Jones though.

Yeah that bald guy is an evil bastard. I know, I'll set race relations back about 50 years. <_<

I loved the guy who is convinced that William Shakespeare and Henry VIII were black. He's got a point about Tom Jones though.

The bald guy is using hate to propel his own agenda, nothing more. The way he spins the conversation is unsettling, he's out to cause nothing but trouble. On the other hand, you have the Rev and his aids who seem much more level headed. I know which one pretty much everyone would stand by. How awesome was that collection of vinyl btw? :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been watchin The 4400 recently. After starting of with a good idea and possibly dragging it out it becomes really addictive, the plot just thickens and thickens, and at the end of Season 4.... it stops. It was cancelled. Right on a cliffhanger too.

Theyve just released a book that finishes it off, but thats not the same.

• 1 month later...

couldn't find any posts for this on here so this seemed as good a place as any, that derren brown lottery thing, i love how angry the "how he did it" show has made people on other forums. coz he obviously really predicted the lottery.

The one thing though, if he did predict the lottery using the method he showed, then 20 odd people would have won it on saturday as the group got back togather to make themselves rich.

My thinking is it was some sort of technology (split screen etc), BUT the lottery isnt the important programme, it's this weeks where he controls people. There was all sorts of odd things about the adverts for the lottery show, then on the explanation show there was odd bits too. for example when he comes on right at the start he starts shouting "No No No", even though no one's touching him or reaching for him. He even goes on about putting people into states of aprehension/fear to make them more suggestable, then showed 2 examples that really didnt have anything to do with what he was doing other than to make the viewer scared/tense and so more suggestable. Also the trailer for fridays one had flashes when he says "stuck" and I think "seat".

So yeah, i think it was bull, but bull designed to set up this weeks show

I haven't seen the explanation show but I have seen the one where he picked the numbers, it did seem very split-screen to me.

I find it hilarious the people who really have their back up over him, calling him a fraud and all that. He's an illusionist, he said in the ads that it was all about misdirection - of course if he says it's about statistics then he's lying, but so what?

I think he's a genius!

when he comes on right at the start he starts shouting "No No No", even though no one's touching him or reaching for him.

Bloody solved it. The "no no no no" thing was as he was coming in right? When all the audience was stood up applauding him. Standing up is bad because you need to be stuck to your seat for the next show! :ph34r:

And yeah Hendo, the guy may be the closest thing I have to a hero. Regardless of how he does stuff, that he does it is amazing enough

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched Generation kill, a drama series set at the start of the Iraq war, written by the guys that did The Wire. And it's fucking awesome.

The characters are well thought out, and it's fairly restrained whilst still being critical of the military and politicians (though not so much the soldiers).

It's slow moving, not unlike the Wire, but it's quite funny. And Ziggy from series 2 of the Wire is in it being all ziggy like

yeah, i watched it on 4OD.

Series 2 of the Wire is strange. It's almost completely separate from the rest on the series, but by the time you get to the end it'll probably be your favourite because it's so different from the others. Series 4 too, very little happens in it, but it's the most interesting for characters