passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

I was thinking last night, we have a thread for films in general, but not TV shows in general. So i thought i'd start one, if any one objects, feel free to delete.

So what have people been watching then?

After finishing an epic viewing of LOST a few weeks back, i'm moving on to other american serials, starting with Firefly (watched the pilot episode) and battlestar galactica (half way through the 3 hour pilot) really enjoying both so far. Started watching firefly when it originally came out but never sticked with it despite only ever making a handful of episodes. Enjoyed the first episode, characters and setting seems pretty good, feels a lot like buffy in space, which is no bad thing.

From what i've seen (and heard of future series) i think battlestar galactica might become my new fave show, its terrific so far, going to finish off the pilot tonight then start on season 1.

Also will watch the wire at some point seen as it gets a lot of love from people.

I set my freebox back up a while ago and it only picks up the BBC channels and Dave up properly which is a shame but I don't watch much TV anyway.

When I'm at a mate's place we only tend to watch Dave, or as it's better known, The Top Gear Channel. Always enjoy watching Top Gear and Dragons Den.

Honestly, the football season's over, I'm done with the Wire, and there doesnt appear to be anything new on the schedules, so I'm watching nothing. This should mean more gaming getting done, maybe even catch up on some films I've not got round to watching

Actually I should mention Flight of the Concords, but that's only sporadic. And I do watch the Daily Show 4 times a week, but thats off their site rather than more4

Battlestar Gallactica love over here too, I just recently finished watching the last series so I won't say much given someone is going through it, I will say Season 2 is probably one of the best things I've seen on TV.

I don't watch any TV at all really, I might by something recomended on DVD and see it that way, I'm usually behind but I'm good at keeping myself in the dark.

I find myself seeing panel shows alot, I think they're a good distraction. I hate TV sometimes, Deal or No Deal and Come Dine With Me literally send me into a rage.. full of absolute, hateful, disgraces to humanity.

^ got to agree with battlestar galactica being ace, especially the mini series, series 1/2 are great too but i didn't like 3 as much, but it was still good, not got 4 yet due to the stupid way they've released it on dvd, you have to buy 2 box sets to get the whole series - stupid. will get it at some point though.

like ben i've been watchin flight of the conchords too, series 2 is being shown on bbc4 on tusedays, but i missed this weeks :(

i think series 2 conchords has been a little hit and miss. The first series is pretty much perfect. This doesn't feel as polished, material wise.

I guess its cause most of the stuff in the first series was toured for years on the stand up comedy scene.

I started Series 1 of House last week, over 1/2 way through now, which is no mean feat! Amazing series, can't wait to watch more, I'm 100% addicted and happy to admit it.

Keep meaning to try out Battlestar Galactica, need to get myself the DVD's though. Waiting til its all in one boxset AND cheap...

Don't watch much else at the moment really... Not there is no Fringe, 24 or Top Gear. I actually have a little time to play games!

Currently watching the new CSI both vegas and New York, great tele. I've also recorded The Beast which was on Five US, watched the first couple seemed quite good, but haven't gone back to it as yet, other than that while off sick from work watching numerous Top Gear repeats!

I only really watch Top Gear, Heroes, Ashes to Ashes and Doctor Who on TV... actually I download Heroes, even so, none of them are on now, what with Ashes to Ashes finishing this week :(

Top Gears back on June 21st though :D

I just watched the first episode of Psychoville, and it's awesome :D Basically it's what you thought League of Gentlemen was until you went back and watched the first series again. Very seedy, really well shot, and a really good cast. It's on the iplayer btw, well worth watching

when i said TV shows, you don't actually have to watch them on TV....i just meant things that aren't films, games or books...

Thats what I assumed, but it still stands that I only really watch Top Gear, Heroes, Ashes to Ashes and Doctor Who...

Watched the whole of the first Flight of the Conchords series over the last day or so, some episodes I hadn't seen before.

Still haven't seen the second series, I'll just wait for it to arrive on DVD.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone seen Scarred? It's one of those MTV shows where it's just clips of people doing stuff like skateboard stunts and it all goes wrong. There's some seriously fucked up shit on it, one guy landed on his skateboard wrong and it jumped up and smacked him in the face. :o

A musical hero dead, the charts full of rubbish, classic movies being remade into pish? Yep, looks like we have.

I only mention it because I'm watching it at the time, although it's pretty tough to watch.

Been watching Louis all day, opposite to Hendo I'm amazed by how nice some of the people he meets are. The destruction derby one was good because everyone in it seems sound. The Harlem one was really good too, again most of the people he meets, even some of the crazies, are good people, but the guy wanting a race war was a cunt

And while I'm sure I've said this before, I hope piers morgan dies in a fire

Been watching Louis all day, opposite to Hendo I'm amazed by how nice some of the people he meets are. The destruction derby one was good because everyone in it seems sound. The Harlem one was really good too, again most of the people he meets, even some of the crazies, are good people, but the guy wanting a race war was a cunt

And while I'm sure I've said this before, I hope piers morgan dies in a fire

I too watched the race one. The "My People" sentence brings rage to both my girlfriend and her dad. I like how he kinda blamed Louis for slavery because he was white.