passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

So I've seen nobody talk about it on here, but new Dexter?

Watched first episode. It's good stuff. Feels of a similar quality to the better seasons of the old series I think. I mean it's just an establishing episode but I can dump Bebop for this I think as Dexter wasn't just distracting trash. It could be high quality trash, which this is so far.

Man, I miss when Dexter was good. Like it was still trash but it knew what it was and how to keep an audience when they had the s1-s4 showrunners on it, who are doing this new revival

I could not finish season 8 at all so I don't know exactly how it got to its infamous ending, but I suspect that doesn't matter. I bet the showrunners of this know that season 8 was unwatchable and people just know how it ended not what happened in it. So far the revival looks like a salvage job and it's doing enough to keep me forgetting how bad it got last time

On 21/11/2021 at 18:39, one-armed dwarf said:

So I've seen nobody talk about it on here, but new Dexter?

Watched first episode. It's good stuff. Feels of a similar quality to the better seasons of the old series I think. I mean it's just an establishing episode but I can dump Bebop for this I think as Dexter wasn't just distracting trash. It could be high quality trash, which this is so far.

Man, I miss when Dexter was good. Like it was still trash but it knew what it was and how to keep an audience when they had the s1-s4 showrunners on it, who are doing this new revival

I could not finish season 8 at all so I don't know exactly how it got to its infamous ending, but I suspect that doesn't matter. I bet the showrunners of this know that season 8 was unwatchable and people just know how it ended not what happened in it. So far the revival looks like a salvage job and it's doing enough to keep me forgetting how bad it got last time

I am, its fucking good. 

Watching the new Dexter too. Really enjoying it. 

Ive also just finished Cowboy Bepop - the Netflix live action one. I’ve heard a lot of negativity & did struggle with the first episode or so, but I stuck with it because I loved the visual design of it all & ended up liking it a hell of a lot. Give it a few episodes before writing it off. I’ve never seen the Anime though so keep that in mind, I may have felt very differently if I’d seen those first. Might give it a go, see how it compares. 

I'm up to episode 3 in Dexter, I think 4 must be out now or soon enough. While I'm still really liking it I'm sort of surprised how quick it turned into being like one of the older seasons rather than trying something completely new

I'm completely fine with that btw, but they didn't waste much time getting to that point is what I mean

Spoiler

Also are they serious with making us not immediately guess that that's Clancy Brown behind the ski mask. C'mon dudes, this better be a red herring or something at least.

Meanwhile, another revival...

More than a decade after even its HD remaster was released, the nostalgic Earthworm Jim is finally making a comeback, this time in the form of a television show.

Developed by Interplay Entertainment, the upcoming series will follow Jim as he navigates through the galaxy and fights off his foes all in search of his home planet: Earth. Aside from familiar faces, the show will also introduce brand new characters, breathing new air into the almost 30-year-old franchise.

“I remember loving Earthworm Jim as a kid,” said the project’s lead Michel K. Parandi. “And there’s so much potential in this story universe: a galaxy full of animals battling for power. Jim is an earthworm in a universe where Earth is nothing more than a myth. His struggle to find meaning is surreal and comical, but it’s also relatable.”

There’s currently no news yet on when the Earthworm Jim TV series will air or on which platform, so those interested should stay tuned for more updates to come.

I just blitzed through Arcane on Netflix. It's so good. Don't let the League of Legends affiliation fall you (I know next to nothing about the game other than that it's a toxic cesspit), this is something pretty special. It's up there with the best animation i've ever seen, I don't know how they've managed to maintain such a high quality throughout all nine episodes. If you've ever enjoyed anything like the Mistborn books or the Kingkiller chronicles, you're in good hands here.

Every character is brilliant, it's superbly written and yeah - I don't want to say too much more. It's one of the best TV series i've seen in quite some time.

FWIW I don't think League is anymore toxic than most multiplayer games, R6 Siege and Overwatch were super toxic in comparison when in ranked play as you've got people with mics shouting and shit whereas League there's no mic's, just a chatbox and pinging similar to something like Apex Legends.

Also, I don't think anyone has said they don't like the game as they've not played it. 

18 hours ago, mfnick said:

Some games you don’t need to play to just know… 

I think it's the genre more than the game, but having not played the genre how are you gonna know? Genuinely. I never knew I liked MOBAs until I played one. 

I get it's a very daunting genre to get into, particularly if you've primarily stayed in the console space your whole life, I get that, but it's one of the best, most rewarding genres to get into. You're not just playing, you're learning all the time, it's just so satisfying and rewarding. 

It's free and runs on most laptops, there's no barrier for entry. Wild Rift on mobile is decent too although it is a little dumbed down and the renaming of mid lane to dragon lane gave me a chuckle.

I know I'm ultimately preaching to the choir here but that's my two pence. Folks like to stay in their comfort zones and not try any new genres, which I get, but also don't get at the same time. But it's fine, just maybe try a game before actively deciding you hate it? Or not, who cares lol.