passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

Guessing this goes here?

Clarksons Farm, really good tv, loved it and the shock at the end of how much money he made from the crops was shocking after costs.

Was really good tv, yes like top gear it’s a bit staged in places and a bit wtf are you doing but it has some moments like lambing which has its moments of joy and a tear at the end.

Very different tv from what I normally watch.

I thought I’d posted I’d seen that and it was mostly garbage. It was on discord I said..

I’m three episodes into Clarksons farm and yes it’s incredibly scripted and crap.

He’s already blamed the eu for something, called Twitter a place for smelly arm pitted lefties, pretended to be upset to have to kill 3 sheep for a joke to pay off about eating shepherds pie at the end (even tho the next episode you learn the meat is still frozen and unused) and as a millionaire doesn’t seem to do much other than hire others to do it for him while he wastes a lot of money on bad decisions. 

..After seeing it all I won’t be back for S2.

I’ve finished Your Honor now and wow.

Spoiler

What a wreck that becomes. It’s great right up until episode 8 that opens with a monologue about covid. Then the pacing is a bit off but it’s still alright. Episode 9 is a little worse and ends on a cliff hanger. Episode 10 (final) starts looking like it just forgot how 9 ended and the editing is all over the place. The pacing becomes crazy and there’s some random side story thrown in about an affair that adds nothing which is washed away with a crazy memory about hugging his wife so hard he cracked her rib. What?!? Very disappointing conclusion likely ruined by the pandemic 😔

Despite all the apparently positive reviews for Clarksons Farm, I can’t be arsed watching it. I’ve always found him to be a massive wanker, especially after the “punch a guy because he couldn’t get a hot meal”

fiasco.

Fuck him, and fuck anything he’s in. Forever and ever. Amen.

Watched the new Masters of the Universe show over the weekend. I didn't manage to go in blindly as I noticed the backlash online. That said I have no prior attachments to the IP as I'm just a few years too young to have been able to see it during its height, so an episode here and there and knowing the general gist of it was the extent of my exposure to it.

With all that said, I think it was ok. It's certainly the biggest "subvert expectations" kind of thing I've seen since The Last Jedi but unlike that movie I feel like this works. Sort of. The main problem is that it's super rushed, doesn't give its characters room to breathe and is basically just a prologue at 5 episodes in total, not unlike the first "season" of Netflix' Castlevania. Unfortunately as a result the lead characters in particular feel a bit shallow, making Orko and Evil Lyn by far the best characters in the show while Man at Arms has the coolest action scenes. Voice work is pretty great throughout with Lena Headay as Evil Lyn being the highlight yet again. Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela seemed a bit off though as her youthful sounding high-pitched voice doesn't fit Teela's muscular frontline fighter design IMO (which, unlike most on the internet it seems, I absolutely loved btw).

Overall it's an interesting setup for the future and I really love the style. both music and visuals are top notch and I wish the She-Ra series had gotten this kind of production values because as much as I love that show, it's just so damn ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

Totally missed this:

Now it's been a) forever since I read the first book and b) I didn't even finish it but outside of that huge space elevator there was barely anything in there that reminded me of it. Might have to refresh that before watching this but as I don't have Apple TV it's going to be a while anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Babylon 5 set for reboot series from original creator

Babylon 5 is making a huge comeback, with the sci-fi series set to get a reboot on The CW with the show's original creator, J Michael Straczynski, at the helm.

Deadline reports that the new series, which will be written and executive-produced by Straczynski, will be a "from-the-ground-up reboot" of the Emmy Award-winning 1990s series, which was one of the few series at the time to feature a defined story arc across its five-season run between 1994 and 1998.

Babylon 5 is set between 2257 and 2262, with the reboot set to focus on John Sheridan, an Earthforce officer with a mysterious past. John is assigned to Babylon 5, a five-mile long space station positioned in neutral space during a time of uneasy peace between planets.

John's arrival on the station "triggers a destiny beyond anything he could have imagined, as an exploratory Earth company accidentally triggers a conflict with a civilization a million years ahead of us, putting Sheridan and the rest of the B5 crew in the line of fire as the last, best hope for the survival of the human race".

No casting for the Warner Bros Television series has yet been confirmed, but the original show starred Michael O'Hare, Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christian, Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan and Richard Biggs.

Since the reboot was announced, Straczynski has shared a few more details about the progress he has made on the new show, tweeting: "We have some serious fans over at the network, and they're eager to see this show happen. I'm hip deep into writing the pilot now, and will be running the series upon pickup."

He added: "The network understands the uniqueness of Babylon 5 and is giving me a great deal of latitude with the storytelling. As noted in the announcement, this is a reboot from the ground up rather than a continuation."

He went on to share his excitement about bringing something fresh to our screens, writing: "For the first time, Babylon 5 introduced viewers accustomed to episodic television to the concept of a five-year arc with a pre-planned beginning, middle and end... creating a brand new paradigm for television storytelling that has subsequently become the norm.

"That tradition for innovation will continue in this new iteration, and I hope to create additional new forms of storytelling that will further push the television medium to the edge of what's possible.

"Let me conclude by just saying how supportive and enthusiastic everyone at the CW has been and is being with this project. They understand the unique position Babylon 5 occupies both in television and with its legions of fans, and are doing everything they can to ensure the maximum in creative freedom, a new story that will bring in new viewers while honouring all that has come before. Onward!"

Straczynski has worked on a number of hit shows away from the original Babylon 5, including Netflix sci-fi sensation Sense8, iconic series The Twilight Zone and '80s animation She-Ra: Princess of Power.

He has also written for movies including World War Z, Underworld: Awakening and Marvel's Thor.

😬

Very apprehensive about this one. Chiefly because they are ignoring the original Season One? Granted it was very slow and not great for the most part, until the last few episodes. But in doing so, it looks like Commander Sinclair is being cut out of the reboot. Which seems a bit disrespectful. That said, most of the original B5 cast are dead now.

• 2 weeks later...

So I watched the last episode of Squid Game (the only episode I've seen). It was interesting. Reminded me of Oldboy. Anyway, leading on from that, I got into a discussion at work about the endings to shows. The good ones and the bad. When asked about a bad ending to a show, this immediately came to mind.

main-qimg-98556eac9f8af14a4376a85e15dae2

The ending to Quantum Leap. Weirdly enough, thinking of good endings to shows was the real head scratcher.🤔

Sopranos, great ending.

edit also the new season of Twin Peaks. The season itself was a preposterous waste of time but left the series in a much better place than season 2 did

Was reading rumours of a Quantum Leap comeback a while ago. I've never watched it, but I do know that the last we've seen of Sam Beckett wasn't that long ago