passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

I finished series 2 over the weekend. It's still good, I'm not as enamoured with it as some, but I am starting to think serial killer dramas should be forced to stop after 1 series. As soon as the killer and the detective meet it's the beginning of the end

Funny you should say that, a couple of moments have soured the thing so far and pricked up my “really?! I’m not sure I’m buying that” sensor.

Eve putting the clothes and perfume on and after successfully rescuing her ex boss, deciding to stop and approach the assassin to talk to her.

I get that it’s building to an unorthodox hunter relationship, but my belief was suspended a fair bit.

Nearly finished series 1 and other than those blips, it’s been excellent.

9 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I finished series 2 over the weekend. It's still good, I'm not as enamoured with it as some, but I am starting to think serial killer dramas should be forced to stop after 1 series. As soon as the killer and the detective meet it's the beginning of the end

Dexter comes to mind...

Killing Eve has some great acting, the actress playing the killer is excellent and must have had a hoot doing the role. But a brilliantly daft start just became plain stupid for me. Quality acting but garbage story lines and utterly unbelievable behaviour which just left me pissed off.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

And a super sexy assassin

Sounds great. 

I'm a series and a half into Fresh off the Boat. It's great. A classic teatime family sitcom without the laughter track. And it has a super sexy dragon Mom. 

• 3 weeks later...

Netflix have removed the suicide scene from 13 reasons why

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49001246

When I watched this I thought it was pretty shit how they turned a suicide story into this glitzy Twin Peaks style mystery. It's actually pretty harmful they way they frame it as an act of revenge with the cassette tapes as mentally unwell people can think of suicide in terms of doing it as revenge.

Just finished the first episode of Mayans MC, mainly because they keep trailing it on 6 music and it sounded cool. I never bothered with Sons of Anarchy but I'm thinking I probably should have as this is pretty good and isn't meant to be as good as Sons. 

Trailer for the new Watchmen series

It’s hard to get excited for it because I can’t really tell what it’s about. But I’m vaguely interested, I guess? Problem with these HBO’s shows is I never know where I can watch them so might not end up seeing this anyway 

Now TV has HBO stuff. I told you this before actually ?

New His Dark Materials trailer

I haven't read these books since I was 14. Looking at this I'm wondering if it will actually be good. From memory and watching this it seems like the first book involved a lot of stuff about kidnapping children and it didn't really kick off until The Subtle Knife.

Watched the first 4 episodes of the Boys and I had no idea what it was about really. I saw part of a trailer ages ago that gave me an idea of the tone. Dark, comic and violent and it's certainly those things. I like it a lot. Karl Urban's accent is a bit dodgy but his character is so over the top and he as an actor is so enjoyable that it doesn't matter, endearing if anything. 

One of the characters in the show has panic attacks quite regularly and I doubt this was on purpose but I was glad that they are portrayed through a ringing in his ears and a muffling of background noise. Usually it's all heartbeats and loud noises which are a bit too close to home for me. So it's nice for that to be shown without having to play a game of panic-a-long. 

Watching The Boys.

It's great. I never read the comics so not gonna compare it, and honestly I don't care how accurate it is because the show is fantastic.

Only 4 episodes in but so far I'm absolutely loving it. 

Derry Girls on Netflix. Sort of Inbetweeners with Irish girls, set during the 90s with the backdrop of the NI Troubles. It's not laugh out loud funny (so far) but it's a very relatable brand of Irish comedy (even tho its Ch4). Not like the dreadful paddywhackery of Mrs Browns Boys.

Started watching The Boys. Absolutely loved the comics (Garth Ennis is a bloody, twisted genius). First episode is off to a good start. Will see how it goes.

Having Simon Pegg involved was a nice touch, considering how Hughie in the comics is literally based off his appearance.