passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

In the 80s I used to buy the Swamp Thing comics each month and they were most definitely not comedy. They even used to feature John Constantine before he had his own series (I've still got the first 50 or so original Constantines but my Swamp Things were ironically lost in a flooding from the flat above).

I just heard on a podcast that the DC Universe TV app might be closed down because Warner was bought or merged with something, something. Not a big deal to us, I suppose. We don’t have it, I watched Titans on Netflix. But if it does end up getting shut down or merged with something else I hope they don’t stop making DC centric shows. I ended up really, really liking Titans despite the trailers and apparently Doom Patrol is also very good. 

Anyway, possibly the first casualty of this all streaming future. Which makes sense because exclusively DC stuff is such a narrow road in the broad world of TV. 

2 hours ago, Nag said:

There's easier ways to get your rocks off.

Its not like that. ?

But I recommend watching the first episode. That’s the funniest. After that they take it seriously like most haunted. 

5 minutes ago, Nag said:

You seem to be @ing me quite a bit just lately... if you want a date just say.

No thx the conversation from you would be a single word or you’d bring print outs of memes from 5 years ago and then someone would come in and pat you on the back.

Oh I watched all of Dont Forget The Driver in one sitting. It’s great. 

You probably have to be a Toby fan though. If you enjoyed Detectorists you can’t go wrong. 

Just finished season 2 of Star Trek Discovery.  I really enjoyed the first season and got a bit of whiplash from the changes in S2 but it came together really well three or four episodes in so I ended up liking it too.  I'm really up for season 3 now.  

It's a really good show.  Glad I finally tried it. 

Here's the Deadwood movie trailer

It's essentially just carrying right on from season 3 it looks like, which is super weird given how much older the actors are. I thought they would do a timeskip.

I'm excited tho, it's been such a long time. I will need to rewatch the first three now. This is my Endgame ?

Finished the most recent series of Brooklyn 99 that's on Netflix and it ends on a fucking cliffhanger! Top notch comedy, though, highly recommend if anyone like me has missed it in the years it's been out.

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

Finished the most recent series of Brooklyn 99 that's on Netflix and it ends on a fucking cliffhanger! Top notch comedy, though, highly recommend if anyone like me has missed it in the years it's been out.

I'm working through this at the moment as well, it's great. Currently on series 3.

I watched the first episode of Chenobyl last night, it's the new Sky/HBO mini series, and based on the first episode it's brilliant. It's surprisingly tense considering it's a known quantity, but I think that's why it works, you know they're fucked and have to watch them obliviously face their doom.

It's grim, as it should be I guess, this generations Threads

BBC news website had a feature on the Chernobyl disaster recently. The fact that it was a safety test gone wrong adds an extra layer of horror on it.

There's parts of the affected region that you can go to now where the radiation levels aren't so bad, but then others where you can't spend more than forty minutes without getting in trouble.

My family hosted kids from Belarus back in about 2000 or so, I wonder how they are now.

I have been rewatching Deadwood for the movie finale thing. This is still great, first season is largely the beginnings of some form of government being set up to make the camp seem legitimate.

However one part which doesn't hold up on  review arethese scenes of Al getting his dick sucked, with Ian McShane's gross fucking O face acting. No no no ?