passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

12 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I hope it's good, they lost a lot of key people. Got to admit I wasn't convinced it would even happen, but I liked the first series so I'll give it a chance, I'll miss Ganderson though

Indeed. I'm surprised it is even happening, given how turbulent the behind the scenes stuff has been. "New Media" has replaced GAnderson's "Media" now. Who is going to replace Easter is unknown...

9 hours ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

Christ is that still going. 

I assume you mean Game of Thrones, it's the final season I believe.

I still find it kind of amusing that the 6th book came out the same year the show started, and it will have completed 8 seasons before the next one is finished (although if I'd been reading them, I'd probably be infuriated).

1 minute ago, one-armed dwarf said:

GoT feels so toothless now. It's just LOTR with some sex in it

Anyway I'm just excited for Deadwood.

I think that's a bit harsh on lotr myself.

You're right though in the sense that is a bit tired. It doesn't have the peril of not knowing who could be killed off next anymore.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

@wiivo 2.0 I don't think RR has any involvement (iirc he isn't allowed because of his HBO contract). It's based on a novella he wrote in the 80s. And it looks a bit shit.

Yeah it’s been cancelled already. 

Alan Partridge started last night and I forgot. ?

Alan Partridge’s new show has had mixed reviews. And it’s not hard to see why. Some of it was amusing. But not the laugh-out loud quality of Knowing Me,Knowing You,or I’m Alan Partridge. 

It wasn’t shit,but it wasn’t funny either. It was mediocre,ok. Perhaps the series improves after the first episode. I’ll stick with it.

A Deadwood movie -  not sure how I feel about that after all this time. I did love the TV series although they always denied the blatant stealing of Pete Dexter's excellent novel of the same name.

Nightflyers is apparently "from the mind" of RR, whatever that actually means. Like it's "based on a true thought"? I actually watched the first episode which was OK. A bit like the Shining in space. I'll probably watch a couple more before making a judgement.

That’s funnier than the actual episode was.

It wasn’t anywhere near Partridge’s best. There was the occasional good bit,but a lot of it was spent waiting for something funny to happen,but didn’t. I didn’t hate it,there was sections that were amusing. And I genuinely hope it’s just a slow first episode,that gets better as it progresses.

But that episode isn’t  even close to “I’m Alan Partridge” level.