passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

Season 2 of Hannibal was just stunning for me, the way it all comes together is some of the best TV I've ever watched.  Was a shame that they rushed Season 3 & it was then cancelled, show never really found it's place on NBC & probably would have done better on a different network.

Agree totally.

They managed to leave season three in such a fashion that it could either way be a solid closure ending or open to the possibility of another season in the future. Although it's unlikely anyone would pick it up at this point or that all the actors would be available.

On 27/01/2019 at 21:14, OCH said:

Another trailer, to an adaptation I never thought would see the light of day. A Superhero series, as writer by Garth Ennis, the known hater of superheroes...

Holy shit! I can't believe they're adapting this.  That comic it's insane.  I will be watching this now...

It’ll be interesting to see how accurate The Boys plays out. I love Garth Ennis’ work,but I’ve not got into the  Preacher tv series.The comic is one of my all time favourite graphic novels. But I found the show boring.

Finished Always Sunny In Philadelphia,consistently funny. There’s only the occasional couple of so-so episodes in the entire run.

Starting Brooklyn Nine Nine,enjoyed the first two episodes.

Well, one factor that works in adapting The Boys favour is since they actually included the two most hardcore sex scenes (the first scene with Bilquis and The Djinn scene) from American Gods in that adaptation, most of the orgy stuff should make the cut. The Ennis level of violence though, that often parallels some pitch black humour... That is more iffy. America, even through streaming sites, is still hypocritically conservative about some things.

Finished Fargo season 3, unfortunately the second half of the season wasn’t as good as the first. 

I knew the actor playing Varga was familiar but I didn’t notice until the end that it was David Thewlis. Wow it’s a long way from Naked to this!

And also it was a blast from the past seeing the actor who played Leland Palmer in Twin Peaks, in some very Twin Peaks-esque scenes.

Finished series 1 of Hannibal and started series 2. 

It’s good but I’m still struggling to separate these characters from the ones in the books/films.

It’s a shame it got canned as apparently there were plans to do a series on Red Dragon, then Silence of the Lambs and then end on the 3rd film. I still haven’t seen Hannibal Rising, I’m not sure I want to.

I’ve watched the first four episodes of Riverdale now and I take back what I said about it being “pretty good”. It’s paper thin and not going to win any awards (unless it has won awards, I don’t know). But it’s still enjoyable enough entertainment, so I’ll stick with it.

57 minutes ago, Whiskey_chaser said:

I started the Umbrella Academy on Netflix last night and first impressions are that it's pretty awesome. The first episode plays out as if Alan Moore wrote the X-Men. Hoping to plough through a few more episodes tonight.

Funny how we all see things differently. It was the most shallow piece of yawnsomeness for me. Alan Moore was probably the last thing on my mind. Although I've got to say that the super hero genre / super powers thing is just utterly bankrupt for me now. It's all big splodes, facile "plots" and utterly bereft of any tension or meaning. There's no new ideas.

57 minutes ago, Whiskey_chaser said:

11 minutes ago, smallofbooty said:

Funny how we all see things differently. It was the most shallow piece of yawnsomeness for me. Alan Moore was probably the last thing on my mind. Although I've got to say that the super hero genre / super powers thing is just utterly bankrupt for me now. It's all big splodes, facile "plots" and utterly bereft of any tension or meaning. There's no new ideas.

Maybe Alan Moore was a poor comparison but I got a Watchmen vibe off it in terms of tone. I'm not massively into my superhero stuff but I found it enjoyable and look forward to seeing what they do with it. 

I'm watching it at the minute. It's decent but it's been done before, it's Titans which came out a few months ago, or Heroes.

In fact it's very like Heroes in a lot of ways, I like that there's some larger story going on but I do wish it would get to the point. I'm 3 episodes in and there's no answers to anything yet, and things the characters seem to understand they don't bother to explain to the viewer. The characters all seem to be dicks, but that's just building to them all becoming a better team. Ellen Page is Ellen Page's character, and they're all bizarrely shitty to her

The lad who can see dead people was in Misfits, which was like a funny version of this and was brilliant

I'm not sure, 4 or 5. The Irish guy (the one that's in this) left, his replacement was really good (he's in Preacher, which also isn't a million miles away from this), the guy that's in Game of Thrones left, I think one of the girls got fired. I thought it was alright, but it definitely dropped off, I seem to remember it turning to gross out humour by the end