passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

I liked the first half of series 1 of Fortitude, it goes a bit daft and ruins itself. Series 2 was great, really stylish and cinematic, creepy too, it moved away from the more stupid moments of the first series. I've started watching series 3, only the first episode, but it might have veered in to the wrong side of stupid again

To finish off about Fortitude, the series is only 4 episodes long, it probably didn't need to exist given all they did with it, it needed to either just be a feature length episode or a full series. The stupidest stuff mostly relates to a character they brought in to it this series, the better stuff with the characters they already had. It ends fairly well, albeit in a way that leaves things open if they really wanted to come back again at some point

I thought it was in here it was being talked about but seemingly not. After a few people recommended it to me I watched that Bros documentary. It's good, kind of funny they both look like different kinds of arseholes for chunks of it, then you have quite a lot of sympathy for them. Could all be editing but it does seem fame did a proper number on them, shame that it ended up affecting their relationship so much, and I don't mean this to judge, but I'm surprised one of them ran out of money to the extent he did, I guess it's easier than we'd think

It was in the film thread being a film and all :P

16 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

I'm surprised one of them ran out of money to the extent he did

Me too. I didn’t understand that part. I thought he was the one to pack it in then he made it sound like they came and took his cars immediately and that ring like it was on credit? Actually it was the 90s so probably. 

I binge watched all of Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishin. A very delightful show that’s funny and relaxing. I’d say it’s up there with The Trip and Detectorists in tone so if you like them I’d give it a go. There’s only 6 ☹️ 

Watched a documentary about R Kelly on the iPlayer. Pretty much knew about all the shit he’s allegedly done but still, what a shit bag.

One of the things they didn’t mention in it is that every time parents of one of his girls would start kicking up a fuss, they would get producer or performance credits on his albums so they would get a hefty regular royalty payment.

Care - superb drama co-written by Jimmy McGovern for BBC1. When Mary (Alison Steadman) suffers a stroke, her daughter (Sheridan Smith) struggles to cope and tries to get care for her mother. Had a lot to say about the social care situation too.

Netflix keep pushing series 3 of Series of Unfortunate Events at me and it reminded me that I didn't finish series 2, so I've gone back to that, and worth it alone for how good Doogie Howser is in it.

Makes me wonder what Jim Carrey thinks of it.

I’ve been binging my way through Always Sunny,never seen it before now. Already reached Season 6,finding it absolutely hilarious (especially The Nightman Cometh episode).

After struggling on with the mostly tedious The Office US,it’s good to have a show that’s actually,consistently funny.

So I watched the first episode of Titans. It was ..different, to what I was expecting. To those who grew up with the Teen Titans cartoon, this is not the Live Action equivalent. Yet in certain respects it is, just a lot more visceral. Casting is on point so far, the guy playing Robin in particular, is eerie in his likeness. A subtle level of mystery is given to both Starfire and Raven, without taking away What they are. A positive 8/10