passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Xbox Kinect

Hendo

Was watching videos eariler funnily enough, and its quite tempting to try out, that milo thing is strange how much you can interact with, shame my room is not exactly the best place to use it.

Im sure there be deals once its out.

• 1 month later...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Natal justified, Geo Wars 2 uses it. You probably wouldn't be able to beat your top score but a little private rave is great.

• 1 month later...

Wossy and some balls:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
British comedian Jonathan Ross has, after a celebrity playtest last night, concluded that Project Natal needs more work.

"OK. Before bed. Natal on Xbox impressive. Not quite there yet I think but they have 'til october and if they get it right... sky's the limit," Tweeted 'Wossy'.

The flamboyant chat-show presenter was filmed at a london event swatting balls away in one of Natal's previously exposed mini-games.

Of note is the fraction-of-a-second difference between Wossy's actions and those replicated on screen. A video caption assures us this will be trimmed as we get closer to the device's autumn launch.

"They say that be release all lag issues will be resolved and response time should be nearly instant," the pop-up read.

MTV Multiplayer had a similar experience but approached Natal with a more scientific brain, analysing five play-tests and recording the results.

"I had a pretty large sample size, sitting through 5 demos, capturing about 40 different movements from a variety of journalists. Across those 40 movements, the fastest life-to-screen transition was .08 seconds, while the slowest was .12 seconds. A tenth of a second was the consistent average, though," concluded MTV Multiplayer.

"What that means is that, in its current state, Natal is not instant, one-to-one motion capture."

• 4 weeks later...

Have you got enough room for it?

Microsoft has revealed exactly how much space you'll need to clear in order to play Project Natal games.

That's according to Techflash, which says the disclosure was made during a press event led by chief research and strategy officer Craig Mundie.

"To be precise, you'll want to clear an area extending at least 4 meters (a little more than 13 feet) away from the television. That's the back edge of the space to be taken into account by the Natal sensors," Techflash reports.

"In terms of width and height, the field of vision naturally expands as it moves from the Natal device to that back edge, ending up a little more than 4 meters wide and 2.7 meters high (about 8 feet, 10 inches)."

As Kotaku points out, the news has led some reporters to question whether there will be enough space to accommodate Natal in Japanese homes. Is your lounge big enough?

That's me out, then.

• 2 months later...

According to a source where they got Gears 3 info from, Edge are saying Natal will be $150.

Natal will launch in the US this October with a price tag of $149.

That’s according to a trusted source, who told us that the motion sensing camera will also be bundled with the Xbox 360 Arcade console for $299.

We were informed that prices outside of the US would be determined based on a number of factors, including exchange rates. Based on current rates, the standalone unit would retail for £103 / €121, and the console and Natal bundle for £207 / €243.

The figure for the standalone unit is significantly higher than a previous sub-£50 estimate, but less than pricing recently suggested by European retailers. It’s also more expensive than Sony’s Natal rival Move, which will be available later this year with a game for less than $100.

Our source said that the device has been pencilled in for an October 26 worldwide launch, although we were advised that the date could yet shift by a few weeks either way.

We were also told Microsoft’s camera definitely won’t be called Natal and that its proper title will be revealed at E3 next month. It will also be heavily targeted at causal players and families.

“Microsoft expects to sell millions and millions of Natal units in its first year on the market so you can expect the software launch line-up to target non-traditional gamers,” our source said. “A major marketing campaign will also play a key role in attracting and educating the expanded audience about Xbox 360’s controller-free revolution.”

When contacted about this report, Microsoft told us that it "does not comment on rumour or speculation”.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/natal-to-cost-149-%E2%80%93-source

A bit too expensive, IMO. If this is true, no sale. Especially since all the games will probably be mini game collections.

I reckon it will be £99 here. That's extremely expensive for a fad, but then again many of us ran out and bought a Wii, so it might be justified. :ph34r:

Maybe if it includes a game and its decent, but £99 is still a fair outlay. Normally they undercut these things to fuck.

I reckon it will be £99 here. That's extremely expensive for a fad, but then again many of us ran out and bought a Wii, so it might be justified. :ph34r:

I'd neg you but I can't stay mad at you. :wub:

Rumours suggest that Natal will be renamed as Wave.

Forget Project Natal - Microsoft's new motion-sensing camera will have a new name by the time it's released.

And that name will be Wave, according to NowGamer. The website says the information comes from "a source close to Microsoft".

There's no way of telling whether it's true, of course, and Microsoft is less likely to comment on rumour and speculation than it is to start making PS3 games.

Just rumour, but it looks like Harmonix is doing a dancing game.

With E3 less than a fortnight away and the internet rumour mill grinding away furiously, news has emerged that Rock Band developer Harmonix is working on a new title.

According to Game Informer, the studio is developing "an entirely separate Natal game based entirely around dancing". There's no word on whether Harmonix is also working on software for the PlayStation Move controller.

"Previously, it's been noted that Harmonix has licensed dance songs that would seem out of place in the Rock Band series, and this new dance title would seem to be the reason why," suggests Game Informer.

hese are strictly lightweight mini-games aimed at as a broad a market as possible.

The first is 'Living Statue' in which players can record their Xbox Live avatars dancing and singing "karaoke style" according to an LA Times report, and then email the results to their friends. Erm...great(?).

Second is 'Obstacle Course', which tasks players with pulling, dodging and jumping their way through a series of increasingly challenging stages like an Army boot camp, but presumably without a bellowing drill sergeant.

Perhaps more interesting is the news that E3 will be host to another "dozen more Natal-licensed titles from other game developers unveiled Monday and Tuesday, but Microsoft has forbidden the publishers from uttering a word about them until after its own news conference Monday morning," according to the same LA Times article.

Microsoft have their pretentious sounding 'Cirque du Soleil Natal Premiere' tonight, except don't expect to hear anything from it until Tuesday because it's embargoed to hell and back.

Seems like the 4 main mini games they have are Ricochet from last year, River Rush where you move your arms and jump to go down a river, Obstacle Course is pretty much the same thing without water, and Living Statue lets you record your avatar dancing.

Yeah, I'm not particularly hopeful about this.

Yo dudes, lets play some Kinect!11111111

post-13894-1276475445_thumb.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKCjFyDTq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKCjFyDTq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKCjFyDTq8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

•Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.

•Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.

•Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.

•Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.

•Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.

Unless the price is in impulse buy territory, I'd say it's unlikely I'll be shelling out for it. Also, the name isn't great. Wave was better.

I prefer Kinect to Wave, sounds inviting and family friendly.

I am disapointed that it's getting rubbish games though, I want it to be so much more than waving about. I want head tracking in shooters and racers so when you look one way the screen will look that way too. I want to be able to wave my arm to signal AI to press ahead.

I don't want another Wii

so I'm basing this on the officially released video to market the device. How is this different to the sony Eyetoy, which has been available for... 10 years? almost. If it has one one real time tracking and can do all the stuff they promised last year (like facial tracking, genuine interactive response etc) why not show that. Why show some fucking wii family jumping around like cunts. Unless i see something really special (I mean really fucking impressive), for me this is No Dice.

/RANT